This 65 hour program prepares professionals to collect blood specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis.
This is a G3 program. Students may qualify for free tuition, fees, and books.
Area of Interest
- Phlebotomy Technician
• Documentation of GED or High School Diploma
• At least 18 years of age on the first day of class
• Meet minimum essential functions and standards for program
• Complete a pre-healthcare information session
• Acceptable background check and drug screen prior to clinical. Proof of immunizations and physical exam may be required depending on clinical site.
Note: Other documentation may be required for funding assistance
Students will become familiar with all aspects related to blood collection and develop skills to perform venipunctures completely and safely. Classroom and lab work includes terminology, anatomy and physiology; blood collection procedures; specimen hands-on practice; and training in skills and techniques to perform puncture methods.