Career Focused Training
ALC Computer Labs
Improve your basic computer skills. Learn to use the internet, create an email, write a resume, search for jobs, practice typing, study online, complete homework assignments, use GED® Academy or take a GED® Ready test. Zoom classes are held on Thursday (Day) from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and Tuesday (Evening) from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Are you …
• Interested in beginning a career in customer service?
• Wanting a job but need skills to put on a job application?
• Wanting to earn an industry-recognized certificate to share with employers?
• Wanting to improve your academic and computer skills for the workplace?
If you can answer “yes” to one or all these questions, 4Work is for you.
Through participation and completion of the 4Work class students receive:
- The employer recognized Retail Industry Fundamental certification from the National Retail Federation (NRF).
- Northstar digital literacy computer badges.
- A professional portfolio containing certificates earned, employment documents such as a professional resume, and student work to share during an interview.
- Improved communication and customer service skills.
- Improved academic skills needed for the workplace.
- Job searching and coaching assistance from TJACE’s career coach.
Contact us to learn about class start dates and requirements.
HVAC for the English Language Learner
This 166-hour Integrated Education Training program includes a technical introduction to Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) with English language instruction. The curriculum teaches the entry-level competencies for job success in the HVAC industry.
The training will be delivered in a hybrid format, with classroom instruction delivered virtually and hands-on exercises done in-person, in accordance with Virginia Social Distancing regulations. Masks are required at all times. In addition to earning NCCER credentials for core curriculum and HVAC, students will also earn CPR/First Aid and OSHA 10 training and credentials.
Certified Nurse Aide Program for the English Language Learner
The Certified Nurse Aide Program is designed to meet the growing need for those who are committed to the care of the elderly and support the region’s need for certified nurse aides. TJACE@PVCC is committed to educating entry-level nursing assistants by helping them achieve the level of knowledge, skills and abilities required to provide the basic care required by residents of long-term care facility.
The full program covers a range of important skills including residents’ rights, communication, observation, reporting, and assisting residents by helping them maintain basic comfort and safety.
Prepare for the CNA exam while improving your English language skills. For more information, contact Debbie Tuler at 434.961.5464.
Thomas Jefferson Adult & Career Education @ PVCC
935-A Second St., SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (map)
PVCC Jefferson School Center
233 Fourth Street NW Charlottesville, VA 22903 (Across from the Staples office supply store downtown)(map)
www.GED.com — Set up an email account. This enables access to all sites, including a free practice test.
www.gcflearnfree.org — Learn the essential skills needed to live and work in the 21st century, from Microsoft Office and email, to reading, math and more.