FAFSA & Applying for Financial Aid
Follow These Steps to Apply for Financial Aid:
Step 1 (For New Students): Apply to PVCC and Enroll Into a Program of Study
Step 2: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- If you are a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- If you are a Virginia state resident with a nonimmigrant, undocumented, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, complete the Virginia Alternative State Aid application (VASA).
- To apply for financial aid for the Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024 semesters, complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA or VASA application.
- This will require 2021 federal tax information.
- To apply for financial aid for the Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025 semesters, complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA or VASA application available beginning December 2023.
- This will require 2022 federal tax information.
- Once you have completed and submitted your application, we will receive it within 3-5 business days.
Step 3: Update Your Contact Info
- Update your address, email and phone number in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Keeping your contact information up to date means that the PVCC Financial Aid Office can contact you with updates about your financial aid and more.
Step 4: Check Your Financial Aid Status in Your SIS Student Center