Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL)
All Shared Distance Courses have a section number in the course schedule of .90-.99. Each course will have the following statement in the notes: “This is a Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) online course offered in collaboration with Northern Virginia Community College.”
- myPVCC access (Canvas, Student Information System (SIS), Student Gmail)
- All Student Services (PVCC, NVCC)
- HelpDesk Services (PVCC IT Support, NVCC Technology Resources)
SSDL courses can be requested for students by PVCC staff using the following (coming Sept 2023).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register and pay for a Shared Distance Course?
- All registration and payment is done through the Student Information System in myPVCC.
- How do I get my course materials?
- All SSDL course materials are available through the PVCC bookstore in-person or online. Financial aid funds can be used to purchase these materials if you have award monies available to do so.
All SSDL courses follow the academic calendar for the host college teaching the course, not necessarily PVCC's academic calendar. Please pay close attention to add, drop, refund, and withdrawal dates.