Nelnet has been chosen as PVCC's payment plan administrator. The Nelnet monthly payment plan allows you to spread your education expenses over smaller monthly installments, which are paid over the course of the semester. There is a $30 non-refundable enrollment fee per semester, depending on the number of payments.
When to Enroll in the Plan
You must register for classes before you enroll in the plan.
Simple Steps to Enroll
- Log in to MyPVCC
- Click on SIS (Student Information System)
- From the Self-Service page, click on Student Center
- Under Finances, click on Apply for Payment Plan.
- Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off and continue to Nelnet Campus Commerce
- You will be directed to re-enter your student login/password and then linked to our payment plan processor, Nelnet Campus Commerce, to create a payment account. Read the information and follow the instructions.
Nelnet Payment Schedule--Spring 2023
|Available Dates||Required Down Payment||Number of Additional Payments||Months of Payments
16th of the Month
|TMS Enrollment Fee|
|October 31-November 4, 2022||20%||4||
November 16 December 16
|November 5-December 7, 2022||40%||3||December 16
|December 8-January 5, 2023||50%||2||January16
|January 6-February 7, 2023||60%||1||February 16||$30|
- Down payments are withdrawn from your account within 24 hours of submitting your agreement.
- Payments are deducted on the 16th of the specified month(s) in the payment schedule.
- You will receive an email confirmation from Nelnet when payments are withdrawn from your account.
Add or Drop Classes
- If you add or drop classes, or have financial aid adjustments, your payment plan payments will be automatically adjusted across all remaining payments.
Getting a Refund
- Refunds are issued approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.
Terminating Your Nelnet Contract
- Plans will be terminated after three attempts to collect a scheduled payment
- A student whose plan has been terminated cannot re-instate their account. The student would have to re-enroll and pay an additional enrollment fee.
Terms and Conditions
Students must accept the following terms and conditions to qualify for the Tuition Payment Plan:
- I understand that I must enroll in the Nelnet Tuition Payment Plan prior to payment deadlines established by Piedmont Virginia Community College each semester.
- I understand that changes to my enrollment will automatically change my payment plan contract amount, but that I will be responsible to make changes to my Nelnet payment plan via the payment plan portal.
- I understand that after the last day to increase payment plan contract amounts, I am responsible for paying the college directly for any additional classes or those classes will be dropped.
- I understand that notification of any changes to my agreement made by Nelnet or the college will be sent to the responsible party email address only.
- I understand that my down payment or enrollment fee fails to process for any reason, my agreement will automatically be terminated by Nelnet and they will notify me by email using the responsible party email address.
- I understand Nelnet will also notify the college and any unpaid classes will be dropped.
- I understand that my agreement is with Nelnet and that my payment plan contract may be canceled by Nelnet at any time if I am not current on all payments due.
- I understand that if my contract with Nelnet is terminated for any reason, I must pay my tuition and fees to Piedmont Virginia Community College by the established payment deadline or my enrollment will be canceled.
- I understand that my failure to pay fees owed to Nelnet, or otherwise defaulting on my agreement with Nelnet, will result in a hold being placed on my student account which will deny future services.
- I understand that refunds for dropped classes or terminated contracts will be sent to the students by Piedmont Virginia Community College approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.
- Call Nelnet Campus Commerce at 800-609-8056.
- Visit mycollegepaymentplan.com/pvcc.
- Call the PVCC Business Office at 434-961-5211 or email BusinessOffice@pvcc.edu.