Nelnet has been chosen as PVCC's payment plan administrator. The Nelnet monthly payment plan allows you to spread your education expenses over smaller monthly installments, which are paid over the course of the semester. The cost to participate is a $25.00 to $45.00 non-refundable enrollment fee per semester, depending on the number of payments.
When to Enroll in the Plan
You must register for classes before you enroll in the plan.
How to Enroll in the Plan
1. Log in to MyPVCC and go to the Student Information Systems (SIS).
2. Click on Self Service > Student Center and then click the "Apply for Payment Plan" link. You will leave the PVCC website and transact directly on the Nelnet website.
|Available Dates||Required Down Payment||Number of Additional Payments||Months of Payments
16th of the Month
|TMS Enrollment Fee|
|March 29 - July 7, 2021||20%||4||July 16
|July 8 - August 5, 2021||40%||3||August 16
|August 6 - September 7, 2021||50%||2||September 16
When will my down payment/deposit be taken?
Down payments are withdrawn from the account you specified within 24 hours of submitting your agreement.
When will payments be deducted from my account?
Payments are deducted on the 16th of the specified month(s) in the payment schedule.
Will I be notified when payments are withdrawn from my account?
You will receive an email confirmation from Nelnet when payments are withdrawn.
What forms of payment can be used for the Tuition Payment Plan?
Nelnet accepts payment from your checking and savings accounts. Credit card payments may be made with Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. There is a 2.5% service fee for each credit card transaction.
Add or Drop Classes
If I add or drop classes, or have financial aid adjustments, can I adjust my payment plan?
If you add or drop classes, or have financial aid adjustments, your payment plan payments will be automatically adjusted across all remaining payments.
Getting a Refund
I have dropped my classes, when do I get my refund?
Refunds are issued approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.
Terminating Your Nelnet Contract
Students may terminate their contract online through their Nelnet account or by contacting Nelnet Customer Service at 1-800-337-0291.
Terms and Conditions
Students must accept the following terms and conditions to qualify for the Tuition Payment Plan:
- I understand that I must enroll in the Nelnet Tuition Payment Plan prior to payment deadlines established by Piedmont Virginia Community College each semester.
- I understand that changes to my enrollment will automatically change my payment plan contract amount, but that I will be responsible to make changes to my Nelnet payment plan via the payment plan portal.
- I understand that after the last day to increase payment plan contract amounts, I am responsible for paying the college directly for any additional classes or those classes will be dropped.
- I understand that notification of any changes to my agreement made by Nelnet or the college will be sent to the responsible party email address only.
- I understand that my down payment or enrollment fee fails to process for any reason, my agreement will automatically be terminated by Nelnet and they will notify me by email using the responsible party email address.
- I understand Nelnet will also notify the college and any unpaid classes will be dropped.
- I understand that my agreement is with Nelnet and that my payment plan contract may be canceled by Nelnet at any time if I am not current on all payments due.
- I understand that if my contract with Nelnet is terminated for any reason, I must pay my tuition and fees to Piedmont Virginia Community College by the established payment deadline or my enrollment will be canceled.
- I understand that my failure to pay fees owed to Nelnet, or otherwise defaulting on my agreement with Nelnet, will result in a hold being placed on my student account which will deny future services.
- I understand that refunds for dropped classes or terminated contracts will be sent to the students by Piedmont Virginia Community College approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.