Financial Aid Disbursements & Refunds
The process of Financial Aid Disbursement is when a student's financial aid is applied to their tuition balance. This is an automatic process that occurs in the second half of the semester. Shortly after disbursement, a financial aid refund is generated for eligible students.
A Financial Aid Refund occurs when a student has been awarded more aid then the cost of their tuition.
Students have the opportunity to use this extra aid at the bookstore during the charge period. See this page for details: https://www.pvcc.edu/using-financial-aid-bookstore
A refund, minus anything that has been charged to financial aid at the bookstore, is sent to eligible students in the second half of the semester. We cannot guarantee an exact date for when students will receive a refund.
How Do I Know If I Will Get A Refund?
- Log in to your MyPVCC Student Account here: https://pv.my.vccs.edu/
- Enter the Student Information System (SIS).
- Select My Student Information.
- If you are on a mobile device, select Student Center after Step 3.
- Under Finances click Account Inquiry to view a summary of your charges and pending aid.
- Click the CLICK HERE to see Pending Financial Aid Based on Actual Enrollment button, to ensure aid is correctly adjusted for your current enrollment.
- Subtract the Pending Financial Aid Value from the Outstanding Charges & Deposits.
- The amount leftover is what you will receive as a financial aid refund.
When Will I Get My Refund?
Fall refunds will be sent starting in Mid-October.
Spring refunds will be sent starting Mid-March.
Summer refunds will be sent starting Mid-July.
The date a refund is sent depends on what classes a student is enrolled in. Students enrolled in late-starting (12-week or second 8-week) classes will receive refunds later in the semester.
How Do I Get My Refund?
By default, financial aid refunds are sent as a paper check to the student's mailing address in SIS. Students can register to have refunds directly deposited into a bank account by following the instructions linked above.
What Can I Do With My Refund?
Your financial aid refund can be used for anything! It does not need to be used only for educational expenses.
What If I Don't Have Enough Financial Aid To Cover My Tuition?
You will need to pay the remaining tuition balance.