The college is closed for the 15th Annual Academic & Leadership Awards Convocation
April 18, 4-5 p.m.
Financial Aid News
Are you on SAP Warning for Spring 2019? Visit the Financial Aid Office or Student Success Office to learn what you can do to keep your financial aid for future semesters.
Didn't complete the 19-20 FAFSA in time for Priority Processing? You can still be awarded for Fall 2019. Apply today!
SUPER SATURDAY FAFSA WORKSHOPS
Do you need help completing the 2019-2020 FAFSA? The Financial Aid Office at Piedmont Virginia Community College hosts Super Saturdays, a bi-monthly workshop series that provides hands-on assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Completing the FAFSA is the first step for students interested in obtaining federal student financial aid as well as many scholarships, especially those interested in attending college between August 2019 and August 2020.
- 19-20 Super Saturday Workshops
- The next Super Saturday Event: May 25, 2019
SUMMER FINANCIAL AID
Complete and submit the Summer Financial Aid Form to the PVCC Financial Aid Office if you plan to register for the Summer 2019 term. For priority processing, submit this application before Friday, April 11th. The payment deadline for summer is Tuesday, May 7th. There is no guarantee that Summer Applications received after Friday, April 26th will be processed by the payment deadline. If you submit this form after April 26th, be prepared to pay your tuition, fee and book charges out-of-pocket. If applicable, you will be reimbursed once summer aid is awarded and processed. This does not mean that financial aid will not be awarded after the dates mentioned. Unless you have remaining Federal Pell Grant and/or Federal Direct Stafford Loan eligibility from this year, aid is limited for the summer term. Before submitting this form, successfully submit the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
- Summer Financial Aid Form
- Summer Direct Loan Request Form
- Summer Parent PLUS Loan Request Form
- Summer Financial Aid Information Sheet
- Apply to PVCC & Declare a Major.
- Create an FSA ID.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Verify your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Check the status of your FAFSA.
- Respond quickly.
- Review your award letter.
- Enroll in classes.
- Purchase books. (Books can be charged to your financial aid for Spring 2019 from January 8 - 31, 2019.)
- For the summer semester, complete the Summer 2019 Financial Aid Form.
- Prepare for the next academic year.
There are many ways to submit financial aid forms.
- Submit forms directly to the financial aid office. We can give them a once over and you can ask us any questions about your account.
- Upload them online through the PVCC Support Website. Help is available 24/7. Log in using your PVCC credentials. Create Case to upload documents.
- Upload them via SIS Student Center. Not all documents can be uploaded using this method. Select the To Do List item in your SIS Student Center for more information.
- Scan forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. This may require additional equipment. We cannot accept pictures of documents.
- Fax forms to 434.961.6557.
Federal Student Aid (FSA) announced last week that starting March 31, 2019, it will be implementing changes to the Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) process. Currently, students or their parents must enter the username attached to their FSA ID to log into their account.
Warn users who enter an email address domain type of .edu, .k12, .pvt, .tec, or .cc that they should include an email address to which they will not lose access (after graduation, etc.).
Remove the 18-month password update requirement. A password change will be required only after a security event.
Remove the requirement for special characters in an FSA ID password. However, we will allow additional special characters in the password field for users who wish to use special characters.
Warn users when their account is about to be locked. The warning will indicate how many log-in attempts remain.
Correction made: Mar. 12, 2019 Effective: Jan. 9, 2019 During the government furlough, we accepted signed copies of 2016 Tax Returns to process financial aid. To reduce the burden on students and families that have difficulty in obtaining documentation needed to verify their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information, PVCC financial aid office will continue to accept signed copies of 2016 and 2017 tax returns. If you didn’t use the Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT), used the IRS DRT and reported rollovers, or used the IRS DRT but also amended your tax return, PVCC may require you to submit an IRS tax return transcript or a signed copy of your income tax return as part of the verification process.
- Not everyone is eligible to use the IRS DRT, and the IRS DRT does not input all the financial information required on the FAFSA form. Therefore, you should have your 2016 or 2017 tax return and 2016 or 2017 IRS W-2 available for reference.
- If you filed your taxes electronically (i.e., TurboTax, Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block), you may be required to pay to access your previous tax returns. Please contact them for more details.
PRO TIP: Sign, date and include your Student ID number on all documents that you submit to the financial aid office.