- Financial Aid Forms
- Bookstore Charges
- Failing SAP? Visit the Financial Aid Office to learn what you can do to keep your financial aid for future semesters. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Complete 19-20 FAFSA to be awarded financial aid for Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020. How to Apply for Financial Aid
- How to Submit Financial Aid Forms
- How to Request Tax Return Transcript
Do you need help completing the 2019-2020 FAFSA? The Financial Aid Office at PVCC offers assistance during office hours. FAFSA completion is the first step for students interested in obtaining federal student financial aid as well as many scholarships, especially those interested in attending college between August 2019 and August 2020. The 2019-2020 FAFSA determines for Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.
Use packaged Financial Aid to pay for books. Plan to purchase all books and supplies for late starting classes during this time. Visit your SIS Student Center or the Financial Aid Office for details. Complete and submit the PVCC Book Authorization To Do List item via SIS Student Center at least 24 hours before visiting the bookstore. Books can be charged to your financial aid for Fall 2019 from August 5 - September 6, 2019. The last day to return books during the Fall 2019 term is September 6, 2019. Books can be charged to your financial aid for Spring 2020 from January 2-31, 2020. The last day to return books during the Spring 2020 term is January 31, 2020.
- Apply to PVCC & choose a program of study.
- Create an FSA ID.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Verify your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Check the status of your FAFSA 7 days after you receive confirmation emails (contact our office at email@example.com).
- Respond quickly.
- Review your award letter (sent via SIS Student Center).
- Enroll in classes.
- Purchase books. Books can be charged to your financial aid for Fall 2019 from August 5 - September 6, 2019. The last day to return books during the Fall 2019 term is September 6, 2019. Books can be charged to your financial aid for Spring 2020 from January 2-31, 2020. The last day to return books during the Spring 2020 term is January 31, 2020.
- For the summer semester, complete PVCC Summer Financial Aid Form (available January 2020).
- Prepare for the next academic year (2020-2021 FAFSA opens October 1, 2019)
There are many ways to submit financial aid forms.
- Submit forms directly to the Financial Aid Office, Main Building, room M136.
- Upload them online through the PVCC Support Website. Help is available 24/7. Log in using your PVCC credentials. Create Case to upload documents.
- Upload via SIS Student Center. Not all documents can be uploaded using this method. Select the To-Do List item in your SIS Student Center for more information.
- Scan forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. This may require additional equipment. We cannot accept pictures of documents.
- Fax forms to 434.961.6557.
- Not everyone is eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), and the IRS DRT does not input all the financial information required on the FAFSA form. Therefore, you should have your 2016 or 2017 tax return and 2016 or 2017 IRS W-2 available for reference.
- If you filed your taxes electronically (i.e., TurboTax, Liberty Tax or H&R Block), you may be required to pay to access your previous tax returns. Please contact them for more details.
PRO TIP: Sign, date and include your Student ID number on all documents that you submit to the financial aid office.