Great Expectations at PVCC
Need additional information about Great Expectations at PVCC? Please contact Admissions and Advising at 434-961-6581.
We are honored you have chosen to learn more about Great Expectations.
Serving Foster Youth...Giving Hope and Changing Lives
Great Expectations at PVCC is part of a statewide initiative that serves current and former foster care youth. We provide resources, tools, information and guidance to empower our participants in reaching their educational and career goals. We also assist participants overcome day to day life stressors so they are able to transition into a healthy and successful adulthood.
Benefits of joining Great Expectations at PVCC:
- Guidance in making college and career choices
- Assistance in navigating through PVCC's supportive services (Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Tutoring and Counseling)
- Getting connected with community resources and services
- One-on-One academic advising
- Support to overcome the barriers to success through coaching and emergency assistance
Are you interested in joining Great Expectations at PVCC? Here's how to make it happen.
- Complete the Great Expectations at PVCC Application
- Schedule a new intake appointment using Navigate.
You will be scheduled to meet with someone from Great Expectations to discuss academic, career and funding options available for you. Great Expectations at PVCC serves current and former foster youth who enter into our program between the ages of 13 and 24 and are also doing at least one of the following:
- Attending High School
- Attending PVCC credit classes
- Attending PVCC workforce classes
- Attending a 4-year transfer college or university
- Working after completing their classes at PVCC
- Working while trying to figure out their next academic or career steps
Refer a Foster Youth
Do you know a foster youth who could benefit from the Great Expectations at PVCC program?
- Have your student complete the Great Expectations at PVCC Application
- Schedule a new intake appointment by calling Admissions and Advising at 434-961-6581.
**Please consult the foster youth before referring and scheduling an appointment for the youth to meet with the Great Expectations at PVCC staff to discuss how the program could assist them as they transition into this new phase of their lives.**
If you would like to learn more about the Great Expectations and how you or your group can help, please contact the Advisor of Great Expectations, Kimberley Phillips at 434.961.5312 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Harry Stillerman, Vice President for institutional Advancement and Development at 434-961-5203 or email@example.com.
We also invite you to donate online.