Great Expectations at PVCC
Welcome to Great Expectations at PVCC
We are so happy and honored you have chosen to find out more about our program. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions on how to become a part of or support the Great Expectations at PVCC family.
Serving Foster Youth....Giving Hope and Changing Lives
Great Expectations at PVCC is part of a statewide initiative that serves current and former foster care youth. We provide resources, tools, information and guidance to empower our participants in reaching their educational and career goals. We also assist participants overcome day to day life stressors so they are able to transition into a healthy and successful adulthood.
Here are some of the benefits of joining Great Expectations at PVCC:
- Guidance in making college and career choices
- Assistance in navigating through PVCC's supportive services (Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Tutoring and Counseling)
- Getting connected with community resources and services
- Monthly activities and group events
- One-on-One & Group Mentoring
- Support to overcome the barriers to success through coaching and emergency assistance
Just to name a few....
Are you interested in joining Great Expectations at PVCC? Here's how to make it happen.
- Complete the Great Expectations at PVCC Application
- Schedule a new intake appointment with our Online Appointment Scheduler
You will be scheduled to meet with someone from the Great Expectations at PVCC staff to discuss academic, career and funding options available for you. Great Expectations at PVCC serves current and former foster youth who enter into our program between the ages of 13 - 24 and are also doing at least one of the following:
- Attending High School
- Attending PVCC credit classes
- Attending PVCC workforce classes
- Attending a 4-year transfer college or university
- Working after completing their classes at PVCC
- Working while trying to figure out their next academic or career steps
Refer a Foster Youth
Do you know a foster youth who could benefit from the Great Expectations at PVCC program?
- Complete and submit the Great Expectations Referral Application
- Schedule a new intake appointment with our Online Appointment Scheduler for the current or former foster youth
**Please consult the foster youth before referring and scheduling an appointment for the youth to meet with the Great Expectations at PVCC staff to discuss how the program could assist them as they transition into this new phase of their lives.**
If you would like to learn more about the Great Expectations at PVCC program and how you or your group can help please contact the Great Expectations at PVCC Advisor, La'Tisha Jackson, at 434.961.5314 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Simone Alley, Director or Major Gifts and Planned Giving at 434-961-6525 and email@example.com. We also invite you to donate online. Simply click on Great Expectations under the Designation tab in the drop down menu. Thank you.