Find a Job
PVCC's Job Listing resources, College Central Network, Facebook, and Twitter, are open to all students, alumni and community members.
Subscribe to the weekly eNewsletter for hiring events & hot jobs (or view the archive).
Follett runs and manages the bookstore and conducts all hiring. Visit the Follett website to search for open positions.
PVCC Academic Support Services
Academic Support Services employs coaches, receptionists, tutors, and structure learning assistance (SLA) facilitators in the First Quadrant Math Center and the Writing Center. Visit their website for details and applications.
Jobs at PVCC
PVCC often has both office administration, program coordination, and teaching openings posted on the Virginia State job listing website.
UVA Community Credit Union
The Community Credit Union hires current PVCC students for the student branch, located in room M600 in the Main Building. Hiring may occur prior to the start of a new semester.
Work-study allows students to work part-time while attending college. Students are found eligible through the Financial Aid Office and typically work 10 to 20 hours per week. The current wage is $9 an hour, which is paid through federal funds earmarked for the program. Visit the work-study website for more information and current opportunities.
Located in the Student Support Services Office hallway outside of Room M132, the job board includes announcements about job openings, job fairs and local recruiting events.
LOCAL AND STATE EMPLOYMENT WEBSITES
- Spreadsheet of Local Employers by PVCC Programs of Study (under construction - please email additions/changes to email@example.com)
- UVA's Dual Career Program created the Embark Searchable Employer Network Tool
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence - Local Nonprofit Jobs & Internships
- Chamber of Commerce - Local Jobs
- Charlottesville Bio Hub Members
- Charlottesville Business Innovation Council Local Resources
- Daily Progress / Charlottesville Job Network
- LinkedIn - not just for networking! Great jobs get posted as well.
- Monticello Avenue
- University of Virginia
- University of Virginia Health System
- Virginia State Jobs - search by department or by location to find local jobs
- Virginia Workforce Connection
- ZipRecruiter - connects to 100+ job boards (including LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Vetjobs +)
LOCAL/REGIONAL TEMPORARY/EMPLOYMENT PLACEMENT AGENCIES
- Apex Systems (primarily IT-based in Richmond but has local openings)
- Express Employment Professionals
- Goodwin William Staffing (formerly Virginia Staffing)
- Labor Max (immediate short term jobs)
- Morton Information Technology
- PeopleReady (same day pay)
- Qualified Staffing (formerly Adams & Garth Staffing)
- Randstad (based in Richmond but has local openings)
- Robbins Staffing
- Robert Half (based in Richmond but has local openings)
- University of Virginia Temps
- Workforce Staffing Solutions
Salary Information and Cost of Living Data
Educate to Career Salary Calculator Center
Nerd Wallet Cost of Living Calculator
PayScale Cost of Living Calculator
Job Offer Negotiation - College Grad
Ready Prep Interview - Behavioral Job Interview Questions
Financial Life Skills - Financial tools, resources, and information.
Jobipedia.org - Career advice for entry-level job seekers
Job Start 101 for College - Smart tips and real-world training.
Virginia Business One Stop - Tips to start and grow a business.
Need additional help?
Contact PVCC's Job & Internship Coordinator.
Piedmont Virginia Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, sex, age or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Human Resources Manager, 501 College Dr., Main Building, Room M810, Charlottesville, VA 22902; 434.961.6567.