Find a Job
Review PVCC's Job / Internship checklist for tips/resources on the job search.
LOCAL AND STATE EMPLOYMENT WEBSITES
- Spreadsheet of Regional Employers by PVCC Programs of Study
- UVA's Dual Career Program's Embark Searchable Employer Network Tool and Job Listings
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence - Local Nonprofit Jobs & Internships and Member Directory
- Central Virginia Hub - Jobs, Internships & Gigs
- Chamber of Commerce - Local Jobs and Member Directory
- Charlottesville Bio Hub Job Listings and Member Directory
- Living Central Virginia Job Listing
- Daily Progress / Charlottesville Job Network
- General job listings: Indeed, Adzuna, ZipRecruiter - the last two connect to multiple job boards (including Glassdoor, VetJobs, LinkedIn + more)
- LinkedIn - not just for networking! Great jobs are posted as well.
- Monticello Avenue
- University of Virginia
- USA Federal Jobs (there are federal jobs in Charlottesville)
- Virginia Career Works - Piedmont
- Virginia Job Network
- Virginia State Jobs - search by department or by location to find local jobs
- Virginia Workforce Connection (the Virginia Employment Commission listing)
- VirginiaWorks - search for employers by industry area and region. BuzzFile allows you to search employers by major and region.
REGIONAL TEMPORARY / EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES
- Express Employment Professionals
- Goodwin William Staffing
- Labor Max (immediate short term jobs)
- PeopleReady (same day pay)
- Qualified Staffing
- Robbins Staffing
- Robert Half (based in Richmond but has local openings)
- University of Virginia Temps
WORKING REMOTELY / FREELANCE
- Amazon (large variety of opportunities from call center to IT to HR)
- Arise (call center jobs)
- LinkedIn Profinder
- MindSumo (project-based for innovative problem solvers)
- National Labor Exchange (vetted jobs)
- Penny Hoarder Work from Home Portal
- Rat Race Rebellion
- Remote Tech Jobs
PVCC JOB BOARD
Located in the Student Support Services Office hallway outside of Room M132, the job board includes announcements about job openings, job fairs, and local recruiting events.
STUDENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT PVCC
Academic Support Services employs coaches, receptionists, tutors, and structure learning assistance (SLA) facilitators in the First Quadrant Math Center and the Writing Center. Visit their website for details and applications.
Work-Study positions allow students to work part-time while attending college. Students are found eligible through the Financial Aid Office and typically work 10-20 hours per week. The current wage is $15 / hour, which is paid through federal funds. Visit the work-study website.
PVCC's Workforce Services' KidsCollege frequently hires students for their summer program that runs from the last week of May through the second week of August paying $15/hour. Apply on the Virginia State job listing website.
Follett Bookstore in PVCC conducts their own hiring. Visit their website to search for open positions.
UVA Community Credit Union hires current PVCC students for the student branch, located in room M600 in the Main Building. Hiring may occur prior to the start of a new semester. Check their website for their openings; they like to hire PVCC students for their other branches as well.
Local Career Services Offices' providing 1-on-1 services for non-PVCC students/alumni:
- Network2Work - Need training and support to find a job? Check out the jobs N2Work can connect you with; be sure to scroll down to and click on the "Start Job Track" at the bottom of the job description of interest.
- Virginia Career Works, 944 Glenwood Station Ln., Suite 103
- Charlottesville Downtown Job Center, 100 5th St. NE - Downtown Mall CitySpace
- Albemarle Co. Job Center, 1600 5th St. Ext.
Salary Information and Cost of Living Data
- Charlottesville Area Certified Employers who pay $12.50+/hour
- MoneyGeek Salary Negotiation
- MoneyGeek Cost of Living Calculator
- Nerd Wallet Cost of Living Calculator
- Robert Half Salary Information: Includes information about remote work and national trends. Specialization areas include Finance & Accounting, Technology, Marketing & Creative, Administrative & Customer Support, Legal, Healthcare and Human Resources
- PayScale Cost of Living Calculator
- Job Offer Negotiation - College Grad
Disability Support Sites
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Best Mobility Aids Resources
- Job Accommodation Network - Ask JAN
- MoneyGeek ADA Tips/Resources
- SourceAbled Job/Internship Listings (includes Remote opportunities)
- VelvetJobs Resources
Diversity Support Resources
- The Black Perspective
- Jobs for Those with a Criminal Record
- ReEntry Works - Felon-Friendly Employer List
- LGBTQ Students Employment Guide
- Google's Grow Resources for Veterans and Military Families
- Military Veterans / Families-based Job Fairs - JobZone and Corporate Gray
- MyVisaJobs - jobs for international students
- VelvetJobs Veterans' Resources
- Veterans Enterprise
- Virginia Dept. of Veterans Services
- Virginia for Veterans
- Virginia Transition Assistance Program (VTAP) for Veterans
- Women in Business & Industry
Piedmont Virginia Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, sex, age or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Human Resources Manager, 501 College Dr., Main Building, Room M810, Charlottesville, VA 22902; 434.961.6567.