Find a Job
Review PVCC's Job / Internship checklist for tips / resources on the job search.
LOCAL AND STATE EMPLOYMENT WEBSITES
- Spreadsheet of Local Employers by PVCC Programs of Study (under construction - please email additions/changes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UVA's Dual Career Program's Embark Searchable Employer Network Tool and Job Listings
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence - Local Nonprofit Jobs & Internships and Member Directory
- Chamber of Commerce - Local Jobs
- Charlottesville Bio Hub Members
- Charlottesville Business Innovation Council Local Resources
- Daily Progress / Charlottesville Job Network
- General job listings: Indeed, Adzuna, ZipRecruiter - the last two connect to multiple job boards (including Glassdoor, Vetjobs, LinkedIn + more)
- LinkedIn - not just for networking! Great jobs are posted as well.
- Monticello Avenue
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Job Network
- Virginia State Jobs - search by department or by location to find local jobs
- Virginia Workforce Connection (the Virginia Employment Commission listing)
- VirginiaWorks - search for employers by industry area and region. BuzzFile allows you to search employers by major and region.
LOCAL / REGIONAL TEMPORARY / EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES
- Express Employment Professionals
- Goodwin William Staffing
- Labor Max (immediate short term jobs)
- PeopleReady (same day pay)
- Qualified Staffing
- Robbins Staffing
- Robert Half (based in Richmond but has local openings)
- University of Virginia Temps
WORKING REMOTELY / FREELANCE
- Arise (call center jobs)
- LinkedIn Profinder
- National Labor Exchange (vetted jobs)
- Penny Hoarder Work from Home Portal
- Rat Race Rebellion
PVCC JOB BOARD
Located in the Student Support Services Office hallway outside of Room M132, the job board includes announcements about job openings, job fairs and local recruiting events.
STUDENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT PVCC
Follett Bookstore in PVCC conducts their own hiring. Visit their website to search for open positions.
Academic Support Services employs coaches, receptionists, tutors, and structure learning assistance (SLA) facilitators in the First Quadrant Math Center and the Writing Center. Visit their website for details and applications.
Jobs at PVCC - PVCC often has both office administration, program coordination, and teaching openings posted on the Virginia State job listing website.
UVA Community Credit Union hires current PVCC students for the student branch, located in room M600 in the Main Building. Hiring may occur prior to the start of a new semester.
Work-Study positions allow students to work part-time while attending college. Students are found eligible through the Financial Aid Office and typically work 10 to 20 hours per week. The current wage is $9.50 an hour, which is paid through federal funds. Visit the work-study website.
Salary Information and Cost of Living Data
- MoneyGeek Salary Negotiation
- MoneyGeek Cost of Living Calculator
- Nerd Wallet Cost of Living Calculator
- PayScale Cost of Living Calculator
- Job Offer Negotiation - College Grad
Disability Support Sites
Diversity Support Resources
- The Black Perspective
- Veterans Enterprise
- Virginia Transition Assistance Program (VTAP) for Veterans
- Women in Business & Industry
- Ready Prep Interview - Behavioral Job Interview Questions
- Jobipedia.org - Career advice for entry-level job seekers
- Job Start 101 for College - Smart tips and real-world training
- Virginia Business One Stop - Tips to start and grow a business
Need additional help?
Contact PVCC's Job & Internship Coordinator.
Piedmont Virginia Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, sex, age or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Human Resources Manager, 501 College Dr., Main Building, Room M810, Charlottesville, VA 22902; 434.961.6567.