Transfer Services at PVCC
PVCC has transfer degree programs that let you complete your first two years of college here, then transfer to a four-year college or university to work on a bachelor's degree. PVCC also has Guaranteed Admission Agreements with all public colleges and most private colleges in Virginia. To learn more about this, visit the Guaranteed Admissions & Transfer page. For information about part-time and/or online bachelor's completion programs, visit the Online, part-time, and flexible degree programs page.
Throughout the semester, there will be many opportunities to learn more about transfer. To schedule a virtual/phone appointment with an Academic Advisor, visit https://www.pvcc.edu/advising and follow the directions for appointment scheduling through navigate. If you do not yet have access to a PVCC username and password, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
NEW UVA/PVCC Partnership - Piedmont Scholars Program
This new endowed fund, announced by the University of Virginia March 5, 2021, will provide scholarships to PVCC students transferring to UVA who have been selected as recipients of UVA’s University Achievement Award. The scholarship, which covers full in-state tuition and fees for their time at UVA, will be called the Piedmont Scholars Program and recipients will be referred to as Piedmont Scholars. Read the full release.
Virtual Transfer Events
University of Virginia - Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- UVA virtual information sessions for transfer students are held on the first Friday of each month at 12pm - Sign Up here.
- The live virtual sessions are designed specifically for students interested in transferring. The sessions include: an overview of the admissions process, a short virtual tour, an interactive question and answer session with current students. The goal is to provide prospective students with a better understanding of the application process and share some of the unique experiences that UVA students enjoy.
University of Virginia - School of Education and Human Development
- Click here for more information about Information Sessions
- Contact: Jillian McGraw email@example.com
University of Virginia - School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- Join one of the live virtual events to learn more about UVA's ONLINE Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies or Bachelor of Professional Health Studies Management Degree offered by the School of Continuing and Professional Studies. Recruitment outreach specialists will share admissions requirements for UVA's Flexible, Online bachelor's degree completion programs
- Contact: Collyn Alford firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Dominion University - Residential and Online
University of Lynchburg
- Contact: Susan Hogg email@example.com
East Carolina University
- Contact: Ally Hortenberry - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Baldwin University
- Virtual Appointment Availability: Sign up here
- Contact: Rebecca McCallister email@example.com
James Madison University - Phone Appointments
Virginia Tech - Virtual Advising Appointments
University of Mary Washington
College Search - Collegeboard.org
Transfer Application Fee Waiver
Two-year College Transfer Grant
VCCS Transfer Page
Virginia Wizard - Transfer
State Council of Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV) Reports