The Associate of Science degree in Physical and Natural Sciences - Science Specialization at Piedmont Virginia Community College prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree. PVCC has guaranteed transfer agreements with top colleges and universities that guarantee admission to PVCC graduates who meet specific academic transfer criteria.
Program Tab Group
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
- 3 Credit(s)
Additional Program Information:
Students entering all transfer degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112, in order to graduate. Approved Writing Intensive Courses are specified with a "WI" section designation.
- BIO 106, CHM 101, CHM 102, NAS 131, NAS 132 and PHY 100 cannot be used to satisfy the Science w/Laboratory in this degree program.
- Students planning to transfer as biology majors should take BIO 101/102 in their first year.
- Students planning to transfer as chemistry majors should take CHM 111/112 in their first year.
- BIO 141/142 are recommended for students planning to transfer in pre-professional programs such as Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Therapy or Physician Assistant programs.
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, and Science w/Laboratory Electives can be found in the Science Degree Requirements
- To meet the Humanities Elective requirement for this program, no more than one introductory foreign language course (101 or 102 level) may be used.
Printable Science Degree Requirements