Advanced Criminal Justice
This certificate is designed to provide students that have a job in the criminal justice system with the professional development necessary to be promoted to the next level of employment.
This is a G3 program. Students may qualify for free tuition, fees, and books.
Area of Interest
- ADJ 131: Legal Evidence - 3 credits
- ADJ 229: Law Enforcement and the Community - 3 credits
- ADJ 236: Principles of Criminal Investigation - 3 credits
- ADJ ___: ADJ Elective - 3 credits
- ADJ 290 or ADJ ___: Internship or ADJ Elective - 3 credits
- PLS 211: US Government I - 3 credits
- PLS 212: US Government II - 3 credits
- ENG 112: College Composition - 3 credits
Admission to the College. There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
Occupational Objectives: Career development for individuals seeking position such as commercial and industrial security officer; local, state, or federal law enforcement officer; or corrections officer. Students should note that the following qualifications are prerequisites for employment with many law enforcement agencies: (1) excellent physical condition; (2) normal hearing, color vision, and eye function; (3) weight in proportion to height; (4) no convictions of any crime involving moral turpitude or any felony, and no excessive number of traffic citations. A background investigation is usually conducted by the employing agency prior to employment.