Foundations of Criminal Justice
Area of Interest
- ADJ 100: Survey of Criminal Justice - 3 credits
- ADJ 130: Introduction To Criminal Law - 3 credits
- ADJ 133: Ethics & Criminal Justice Professional - 3 credits
- ADJ 201: Criminology I - 3 credits
- ENG 111: College Composition I - 3 credits
- ITE 119: Information Literacy - 3 credits
- SDV 100: College Success Skills - 1 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
The Career Studies Certificate in Criminal Justice is designed to provide students with the basic knowledge necessary to prepare for a career in the criminal justice system. This program of study also provides students with the necessary foundation to proceed to the next level of education, the Associate of Applied Science degree in Police Science.
Occupational Objectives: Career development for individuals seeking positions such as commercial and industrial security officer; local, state, or federal law enforcement officer; police officer; private or government investigator; or corrections officer. Students should note that the following qualifications are prerequisites for employment with many law enforcement agencies: (1) excellent physical condition; (2) normal hearing, color vision, and eye function; (3) weight in proportion to height; (4) no convictions of any crime involving moral turpitude or any felony, and no excessive number of traffic citations. A background investigation is usually conducted by the employing agency prior to employment.