This certificate prepares students to perform selected activities in the operating room as an entry-level member of the surgical team.
Area of Interest
Majors in a Minute Video
- SDV 100: Orientation - 1 credits
- ENG 111: College Composition I - 3 credits
- BIO 141: Human Anatomy & Physiology I - 4 credits
- BIO 142: Human Anatomy & Physiology II - 4 credits
- HLT 141: Introduction to Medical Terminology - 2 credits
- BIO 150: Microbiology - 4 credits
- SUR 140: Introduction to Surgical Care - 4 credits
- SUR 145: Fundamentals of Surgical Care - 4 credits
- SUR 210: Surgical Procedures - 2 credits, 6 credits
- SUR 250: Surgical Pharmacology - 2 credits
- SUR 254: Professional Issues in Surgical Technology - 1 credits
- SUR 260: Surgical Technology Clinical Practicum - 5 credits
In addition to admission to the College, there are specific admissions requirements for this program. These requirements may change on an annual basis, and students can find the most up-to- date information in a booklet, which can be found on the program’s web page, in the Admission and Advising Center and in the Health and Life Sciences Division Office.
Applications are closed for Fall 2020. The deadline for submitting an application was May 1st, 2020 by 5pm.
Apply to Program: Https://old.pvcc.edu/health_sciences
The Program of Surgical Technology at PVCC will treat P+ as a C+ (2.5) grade when determining GPA/points for competitive admissions decisions.
*Students are encouraged to ask for letter grades if planning to apply to the Surgical Tech program at PVCC.
Completion of general education courses and prerequisites is one of several criteria used to make admissions decisions.
Sign up now for a Information/Pre-Admission Advising Session. Click the link below
The one-year certificate program is designed to provide the community with individuals who can function as surgical technologists. This program of study will provide students with an entrance into the health care field that is rewarding, in demand, and provides an opportunity for career advancement.
Occupational Objectives: The three-semester surgical technology certificate program will prepare individuals to perform selected activities in the operating room as an entry-level member of the surgical team. The certificate curriculum is designed to provide graduates the opportunity to become nationally certified as a surgical technologist.