This certificate prepares students for employment in which they directly supervise and coordinate activities of retail sales workers.
Area of Interest
PVCC Academic Division
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business - 3 credits
- BUS 205: Human Resource Management - 3 credits
- BUS 236: Communication in Management - 3 credits
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing - 3 credits
- MKT 110: Principles of Selling - 3 credits
- MKT 215: Selling and Marketing Management - 3 credits
- MKT 216: Retail Organization and Management - 3 credits
- MKT 260: Customer Service Management - 3 credits
Completion of MTE 1-3 or qualified placement test scores and placement into ENF 2 or qualified placement test score for the program. Additional information can be found on the program’s website, or in the Admission and Advising Center or in the Business, Mathematics and Technologies Division office.
Piedmont Virginia Community College offers the Career Studies Certificate in Retail Management. The program can be completed in just two semesters, and financial aid is available for qualifying students.
Graduates who successfully complete this program will be prepared for jobs in which they directly supervise and coordinate activities of retail sales workers in an establishment or department. Duties may include management functions, such as purchasing, budgeting, accounting and personnel work in addition to supervisory duties. Further, PVCC graduates who complete the National Retail Federation (NRF) Certification exam in Retail Management will demonstrate that they have the knowledge and skills necessary in the primary discipline of retail management and are prepared to pursue related careers.