This certificate provides students a basic understanding of the principles, concepts and procedures necessary to start and operate a small business.
Area of Interest
PVCC Academic Division
- ACC 211: Accounting I - 3 credits
- ACC 213: Accounting I Lab - 1 credits
- BUS 116: Entrepreneurship - 3 credits
- BUS 205: Human Resource Management - 3 credits
- BUS 241: Business Law I - 3 credits
- BUS 260: Planning for Small Business - 3 credits
- FIN 107: Personal Finance - 3 credits
- ITE 160: Introduction to E-Commerce - 3 credits
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing - 3 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
This career studies certificate provides the student with the skills to allow them to start, run or be more effective working in a small business, including providing the student with a realistic expectation of what running a small business entails and the commitment necessary to be successful.
Occupational Objectives: Students will gain skills to enable them to be more successful at starting, running or working in a small business.