Writers Unite: The PVCC Creative Writing Club
The mission of the PVCC Creative Writing Club is to offer the PVCC community (students, faculty, staff, etc.) an informal, supportive environment for learning about, experiencing, and creating contemporary creative writing-poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. We also strive to promote contemporary creative writing by offering readings by professional, published writers, by publishing the PVCC Literary Magazine, The Fall Line, and by offering opportunities for the PVCC community to write and read creative work.
Creative Writing Club Advisor:
Jennifer Koster, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions for Spring 2021 literary magazine
The PVCC Literary Magazine, The Fall Line, will begin accepting submissions for the Spring 2021 edition in November 2020. We are accepting original poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction, including graphic narratives. Submissions MUST follow the guidelines below to be considered. The last day to submit work is Monday, January 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Here are the guidelines for submissions:
- We will accept for consideration a MAXIMUM of ten, double-spaced pages of prose [creative fiction or creative nonfiction], up to ten pages for a graphic narrative/comic, and/or three poems per person. All prose should be written in 12-pt font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
- Submissions should have a title page with the name of the work, its genre [short story, creative nonfiction, poem, graphic narrative], writer’s name, email, and phone number. Please give all work titles. The writer’s name should appear on the title page only; the title of the work MUST appear on the work.
- Work must be submitted electronically via a VCCS email to this Google form. THIS FORM CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A VCCS EMAIL ADDRESS. If you forward your VCCS email to another account, you will need to log in to your VCCS gmail through the MyPVCCportal to access the form. Please submit files as .doc, .docx, or .rtf if text, and .bmp, .tiff, or .png if an image. Please make sure you are already logged-in to your VCCS account being trying to access the form.
- Work will be accepted from current PVCC students only.
- Submissions must be wholly the individual's work. Submitting work to this contest gives PVCC Writers Unite non-exclusive rights to publish the work, royalty free, on its webpages and in the literary magazine, The Fall Line. Writers retain the rights to their work and are free to seek publication elsewhere.
- Submissions will be accepted through 11:59pm on Monday, January 18, 2021.
- Submissions which don’t meet these guidelines will not be considered.
- The Fall Line selections will be made by March 31, 2021, with The Fall Line published by May 15, 2021.