Transfer Credit to PVCC

Transferring credits to PVCC allows your previous college transcripts, standardized examination scores, or career experience to be evaluated for college credit. To have your transcripts, test scores, or other experiences evaluated for credit toward your degree, you must:

  • Be enrolled in a program of study at PVCC
  • Be currently enrolled in classes
  • Submit the Transcript Evaluation Request Form
  • Submit all official transcripts and/or test scores 
  • If submitting an electronic transcript, please submit to Jeannie Prewer at

The evaluation process will begin only after the start of the semester in which you are enrolled and this form and all transcripts requested for evaluation have been received. Additional information:

  • Only courses that apply to the declared program of study indicated above will be transferred. You will need to submit another request form if I change my program and would like a re-evaluation for the new program.
  • To receive transfer credit from another institution, that institution has to be accredited by a regional accrediting agency or association.
  • Grades do not transfer and thus will not affect my GPA at PVCC.
  • Only credit courses with a grade of “C” or higher will transfer. Grades of “P” or “S” will not transfer unless the transcript legend indicates that it is equivalent to a “C” or higher. Developmental courses do not transfer.
  • Additional Q&A provided on page 2 of the Transcript Evaluation Request Form

It is your responsibility to review transfer credit awarded in your SIS account. Any questions should be directed to the Registrar’s Office.

Types of Credit Evaluated

College Transcripts

If you've taken courses at a regionally accredited college or university and earned a "C" or better, you may be able to apply these credits toward your PVCC program.

If you attended college outside the U.S., you will first need your international transcripts evaluated by a professional organization or an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluators. The fee for this evaluation and the time required for completion of the evaluation varies with each agency, and is the student’s responsibility.

Armed Forces and Service Schools

Transfer credit for military education and experience may also apply to your degree. To have this evaluated, request an official Joint Services Transcript and send it to PVCC.


  • Nationally recognized standardized examinations including AP, CLEP, IB, and Cambridge
  • Locally developed examinations to demonstrate subject matter competency through a local examination developed, administered, and evaluated by college faculty
  • Relevant industry certification, state, or national licensure
  • Review the Credit for Non-Traditional Learning page for the most up-to-date information

Mailing Address

PVCC Admissions and Advising Center 
501 College Drive 
Charlottesville, VA 22902