Transcript Evaluation

PVCC will evaluate a transcript from another institution to determine transfer credit. Transcript evaluation requests should only be submitted if you are planning to complete a degree or certificate program at PVCC.  

In order to request a transcript evaluation, complete and submit the Transcript Evaluation Request Form.

To have your college transcript, CLEP/AB/IB scores, or military training evaluated: 

  • You must be enrolled in a program of study at PVCC.
  • The evaluation process will begin only after the start of the semester in which you are enrolled and this form and all transcripts requested for evaluation have been received.
  • Only courses that apply to the declared program of study indicated above will be transferred.
  • The previous college must be accredited by one of the following:
    • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
    • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
    • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
    • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges 
    • WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
  • For more information on the transfer credit evaluation process, please review the  Transcript Evaluation Request Form.


Frequently Asked Questions

What is required when sending a transcript to PVCC for admission to the College?

To receive credit for previously completed college courses, send your academic transcripts* and a completed Transcript Evaluation Request Form to:

Piedmont Virginia Community College
Admissions and Records
501 College Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22902-7589

*Send an official transcript if your previous college coursework was obtained outside the Virginia Community College System.

How do I get copies of my PVCC transcript?

When should I send PVCC my high school transcripts?

Recent high school graduates are encouraged to submit their high school transcripts to the Admissions & Advising Center prior to enrolling in classes, as it may exempt them from placement testing in English and/or math. You can find more information on the High School Steps to Enrollment and the Measures for English and Math Placement

If you are more than 5 years out of high school or have previously completed college-level English and/or math at another college, then you do not need to submit your high school transcript.

How do I get my international transcript evaluated?

Have your international transcript(s) evaluated by a professional organization or agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluators or is approved by the Virginia Department of Education. The fee for this evaluation and the time required for completion of the evaluation varies with each agency and is the responsibility of the student. The student must meet all college residency requirements to receive an academic credential. 

Request a course-by-course evaluation.  Document-by-document evaluations will NOT be accepted by PVCC for transfer credit.

Instruct the evaluation agency to mail an official report directly to:

Piedmont Virginia Community College
501 College Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22902

Suggested Course Evaluation Agencies

Global Credentials Evaluators
P.O. Box 36 7211
28 Westhampton Way
Richmond, VA 23713
Telephone: 804-617-2629
Fax: 512-528-9293
Web address:

SpanTran Educational Services
Regency Square Blvd., Suite 205
Houston, TX 77036
Telephone: 713-266-8805 Fax: 713-789-6022
Web Address:

World Education Services
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green
New York, NY 10274
Telephone: 212-966-6311
Fax: 212-739-6120

Station International Education Research Foundation
Credentials Evaluation Service
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231
Telephone: 310-258-9451 Fax: 310-342-7086
Web Address: