This class is an introduction to the terminology, basic safety, equipment, tools, and math knowledge used in the construction and manufacturing industries. It is a good class to introduce a skilled trades career to individuals who are interested or would like to explore their interest. It will run from January 27 - May 28, 2020. The class will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 5:30 - 8:30 PM. To apply, contact Rebecca Payton at 434.961.5467 or email@example.com, or fill out a student referral for career coach and check Refer to PIVA and Rebecca will contact you.
WHAT IS PLUGGEDIN?
PluggedIn is a FREE education and training program designed to prepare motivated adults for jobs. PluggedIn will be offering in January
Construction Careers Offer:
- Opportunities to work with your hands in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Opportunities for advancement and further education paid for by employer.
- Faster than average job growth*
- Construction laborer can average $14.00/hour*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics wage and employment projections.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- Age 18 and up
- English language learners and individuals needing a GED are encouraged to apply.
- Interested in skilled trade careers
- Motivated to attend class 3 days a week from January 27 to May 28—Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:30PM to 8:30PM.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
For more information about the program and application process contact Rebecca Payton at 434.961.5467 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Seating is limited. Application deadline January 17th, 2020.
Brought to you by the following PVCC departments:
- Thomas Jefferson Adult & Career Education Center
- Workforces Services