Thanks for your interest in PVCC
If you are interested in earning college credit or pursuing an Associates Degree or Career Studies Certificate and would like more information please fill out the Information Request Form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 434.961.6551.
PVCC offers non-credit classes and short-term training for industry certification, professional development, career advancement, and personal enrichment through its Workforce Services Division. For more info please email email@example.com or call 434.961.5354.
Getting Started Information Sessions Held Year-Round at Various Locations
PVCC offers free Getting Started Information Sessions at locations around Charlottesville and the nearby counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa and Nelson. Sessions are held several times each month. Outreach Manager Denise McClanahan will introduce PVCC's degree and certificate programs and provide information on placement tests, student services and other resources to help students get started at the college. The sessions are free and open to the public, and no advance registration is required. You can attend any session, regardless of where you live.
- December 02, 2019: Crozet Library, Crozet, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- December 05, 2019: PVCC Main Campus, Charlottesville, (includes campus tour, meet at South Entrance), 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- December 09, 2019: Nelson Memorial Library, Lovingston, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- December 12, 2019: Scottsville Library, Scottsville, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- December 16, 2019: Louisa County Library, Mineral, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- December 19, 2019: Carver Recreation Center, Charlottesville, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- January 7, 2020: Northside Library, Charlottesville, 6-7 p.m.,
- January 8, 2020: PVCC Eugene Giuseppe Center, Greene, 4-5 p.m.
- January 9, 2020: PVCC, Main Campus (includes a tour), Charlottesville, 6-7 p.m.,
On-Campus SOAR Sessions
SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising and Registration) is a special advising and registration session for new students beginning at PVCC. During these sessions students receive an introduction to PVCC resources, services and assistance registering for classes.
Attending a SOAR session is required for high school and home school graduates and non-graduates who are first time college students with an interest in pursuing a degree or certificate. All other degree-seeking students new to PVCC are encouraged to attend. Before registering for a SOAR session, prospective students must apply to PVCC and take math and English placement tests. Advanced registration is required. Contact PVCC’s Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581 to register.
Information Sessions For Specific Programs
For general inquiries, please call 434.977.3900.