IT Support Services at PVCC includes Client Services Help Desk, Telecommunications/Network Services and Administrative Computing. Information Technology Services provides general-access computing and communications facilities for students and the entire college community. Please see our Policies
For Blackboard Support, visit the PVCC Bb Support page or email .
What is MyPVCC?
MyPVCC is a gateway to these important online services that you’ll need as a PVCC student:
- Blackboard (for doing your coursework, seeing grades, communicating with your instructor, etc.)
- Student Information System (the SIS – through which you register for classes, make credit/debit card payments for tuition and fees, track progress toward your degree or certificate, view your financial aid account, view transcripts, keep your address and phone number updated, etc.)
- Student email (a Gmail account powered by Google) through which you’ll receive official communications from your instructor and the College administration.
To access MyPVCC: Click on the MyPVCC icon (the gold ribbon at top right of any PVCC website), then log in with the unique username and password that you received when you applied to the college. After logging in, you’ll see the menu selection for Blackboard, VCCS Student Information System (SIS) and Gmail.
Problems logging in to MyPVCC? Contact IT Support Services at email@example.com or 434.961.5261. Help is also available in the Computer Lab, located in room M832 in the Technology Wing of PVCC’s Main Building.
Computers for Students' Use on Main Campus
- Main Computer Lab: M832 (Technology Wing)
- Other labs: M154, M173, M813, M823, M829 and M834
- Jessup Library
- Writing Center, M607
- First Quadrant Math Center, M253
- Health and Life Sciences Labs, K201, K202, K204, and K205
- Physics Lab, M830
- Electronics Lab, M831
See Maps Page for room locations.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When you are on campus and within range of the wireless network,
1. Go to Start, then select Control Panel.
2. Double click on Network Connections.
3. Select Wireless Network Connection, then click on View Available Wireless Networks.
4. When available Networks are displayed, click PV-Student, then click Connect.
Should you have issues accessing the network, please call 434.961.5261 or contact the Help Desk in Room M832.
When you apply to PVCC and register for a class, you automatically receive free access to the email system offered through the Virginia Community College System (VCCS). Your email address is the following: firstname.lastname@example.org. PVCC instructors will use this email account to communicate with you about your classes.
Access your email through MyPVCC from any computer that has an internet connection. Your email account remains active as long as you are registered for classes at PVCC.
If you need to, you can look up your username or reset your password.
If you still need help, call Help Desk at 434.961.5261 or email email@example.com.