The internship program at PVCC offers work experience in business, industry, government, nonprofits or professional associations while you are enrolled as a student at PVCC. Practical work experience coupled with your academic studies can help you achieve your career goals and educational objectives.
Internships may be paid or unpaid. You also may use your current employer as an internship site, provided the work you perform is related to your program of study and includes new learning experiences and objectives. Internship opportunities are offered through the following programs of study:
- Administrative Support
- Computer and Network Support
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Graphic Design
- Information Technology
- Police Science
How do I get STARTED WITH an internship?
- Review the Student Information Packet (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the current packet).
- Research internship opportunities. Click "View Internship Positions" above. Consider internship opportunities available through your professional network.
- Email email@example.com for an appointment to review internship requirements / expectations.
The appointment with Career Services will answer all of your internship questions. Including:
- How an internship can help you get a job
- Which employers utilize PVCC interns and how to get an internship
- The internship course registration process
- How many hours a week you will work to earn credits
- Other academic requirements you will be expected to complete during the semester
- How to make a lasting positive impression at your internship
- How to update your resume to showcase your academic accomplishments