PVCC's Main Job Listing Resources - JobNet, Facebook and Twitter - are open to all students, alumni and community members. Subscribe to the weekly eNewsletter for hiring events & hot jobs (or view the archive).
Follett runs and manages the bookstore and conducts all hiring. Visit the Follett website to search for open positions.
PVCC Academic Support Services
Academic Support Services employs coaches, receptionists, and tutors in the First Quadrant Math Center and the Writing Center. It also hires Structured Learning Assistance (SLA) facilitators. Visit the Academic Support Services website for details and applications.
Jobs at PVCC
In addition to work study positions, PVCC often has both office administration and program coordination openings (in addition to teaching). Visit the Virginia State job listing website to view current opportunities.
UVA Community Credit Union
The Community Credit Union hires current PVCC students to staff the PVCC branch of the Credit Union, located in Room M600 in the Main Building. Hiring may occur prior to the start of a new semester.
Work-study allows students to work part-time while attending college. Students are found eligible through the Financial Aid Office and typically work 10 to 20 hours per week. The current wage is $9 an hour, which is paid through federal funds earmarked for the program. Visit the work-study website for more information and current opportunities.
Located in the Student Support Services Office hallway outside of Room M132, the job board includes announcements about job openings, job fairs and local recruiting events.
- View a list of employers in Virginia by Major (Buzzfile)
- Center for Non-Profit Excellence - Local Non-Profit Jobs
- Chamber of Commerce - Local Jobs
- Daily Progress / Charlottesville Job Network
- LinkedIn - not just for networking! Great jobs get posted as well.
- Monticello Avenue
- University of Virginia
- University of Virginia Health System
- Virginia State Jobs - search by department or by location to find local jobs
- Virginia Workforce Connection
- ZipRecruiter - connects to 100+ job boards (including LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Vetjobs +)
- Discover Accounting
- Cyber Security Jobs in Virginia
- TechTour List of Local Tech Companies
- Virginia Biotechnology Association Jobs
Local/Regional Temporary/Employment Placement Agencies (alphabetical order):
- Goodwin William Staffing (formerly Virginia Staffing)
- Morton Information Technology
- PeopleReady (same day pay)
- Qualified Staffing
- Randstad (based in Richmond but has local openings)
- Robbins Staffing
- Robert Half (based in Richmond but has local openings)
- University of Virginia Temps
- Workforce Staffing Solutions
Ready Prep Interview - Behavioral Job Interview Questions
Financial Life Skills - Financial tools, resources, and information.
Jobipedia.org - Career advice for entry-level job seekers
Job Start 101 for College - Smart tips and real-world training.
Virginia Business One Stop - Tips to start and grow a business.
Need additional help?
Contact PVCC's Job & Internship Coordinator.
Piedmont Virginia Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, sex, age or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Human Resources Manager, 501 College Dr., Main Building, Room M810, Charlottesville, VA 22902; 434.961.6567.