Not sure what kind of job or career you want? Undecided about what to do with your life? Take advantage of PVCC's Career Services Office. The services are free for all PVCC students. Contact us for an appointment by email or call 434.961.5336. We are located in room M129 and M132 in PVCC's Main Building. Our careers counselors will collaborate with you on the following:
- Career Assessment - Who Am I? Based on your individual interests, skills and values, you'll discover which career areas are your most compatible possibilities.
- Career Exploration - Where Am I Going? Learn more about your career possibilities through online and printed resources. We'll also advise you about a suitable program of study that can direct you toward your career of choice.
- Job Search - How Do I Get There? You'll learn job-search strategies, how to prepare your resume, cover letters and job applications and how to interview and negotiate a salary.
- Pursue an Internship - An internship integrates classroom study with work-related experience in business, industry, government, nonprofits or professional associations.
- Find a Work-Study Position - A work-study position is a part-time job at PVCC for students who have qualified for work-study through PVCC's Financial Aid Office.
Find Out About Job Fairs, Events & More
We offer a range of services to help you recruit employees from among the many talented, qualified students at PVCC.