PVCC students are completing coursework, certificates, and degrees to gain full-time employment, advance their careers, and transfer to four-year colleges or universities. Nevertheless, these students confront some challenges along the way, and many of them found that academic coaching helped them discover what it takes to succeed for the long haul, during and after college.
Academic coaching facilitates goal attainment. With the assistance of experienced coaches, students explore their strengths; sharpen their knowledge, skills, and abilities; and implement strategies to access resources, manage priorities, and achieve their desired outcomes.
Although academic coaching is personalized to meet the needs of each student, many students seek assistance in the following areas:
- Study skills
- Exam preparation
- Priority management
- Goal attainment
- Stress management
- Personal finance
Academic coaching is available to PVCC students at no additional cost. Visit the Writing Center in 617M Main Building or call 434-961-5499 to schedule an appointment with an experienced coach who can help you succeed in the classroom and beyond.
PVCC students, faculty, and staff may access the following 14 online workshops. Click on a workshop title, create a free StudentLingo account, and complete the online workshop from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures
- Study Tips & Note-Taking Strategies
- What It Takes To Be A Successful Student
- Time Management: Strategies For Success
- Financial Literacy: Smart Money Skills For College & Beyond
- Effectively Communicating Online
- Online Courses: Staying Motivated & Disciplined
- 10 Tips For Success In Your Online Course
- Setting & Accomplishing Realistic Goals
- How To Reduce Test Anxiety
- Exam Preparation Tips & Test-Taking Strategies
- How To Overcome Math Anxiety
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know
- Creating Your College Bucket List: Explore, Experience, Succeed