Student Services Committee
The purpose of the Student Services Committee:
- Works in conjunction with and advises the Dean of Student Services, who is ex officio.
- Considers matters of student life which relate to conduct, student development, student organizations, student government, orientation, intramural athletics, the Window Series and other student areas.
- Makes recommendations to the Senate regarding policy and procedure in the following areas:
- Admissions and placement
- Student financial aid, including scholarships
- All areas of student affairs and their effect on the educational process and academic achievement
- Catalog and Student Handbook
- Considers appeals of financial aid decisions and admission decisions, as required; reviews and makes determination on applications for readmission, as required; and makes recommendations on admissions, records, registration, advising, mentoring and recruitment policies.
- Oversees the following subcommittees
- Enrollment Management
- Scholarship (a Foundation committee)
- 6 teaching faculty (2 from each division)
- Business Office Accountant
- Coordinator of Student Activities
- 1 classified staff
- 6 students (3 must be members of SGA)
- Dean of Student Services, ex officio
- (chair and secretary elected by membership)