Resources During COVID-19
As we all know, COVID-19 has affected our community--not only physically but financially and emotionally as well. Network2Work@PVCC is working diligently to provide our job-seekers with resources that are designed to alleviate some pressure under these stressful times. Please use these resources directly through the links and follow the instructions accordingly. Thank you and please continue to stay positive and patient in these critical times.
COVID-19 Stimulus Check
- For helpful information on how to receive your federal stimulus payments, follow this link to the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
- If you’ve lost your job or your hours have been reduced: https://www.vawc.virginia.gov/vosnet/registration/ind/uiclaim.aspx. Click UNEMPLOYED. Complete your UI Claim to start your claim.
- Emergency funds for UP TO $800 to help pay for rent, medical bills, car payments, and other needs. Available to residents of Albemarle, Buckingham, Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson and Orange: (434) 234-4490 Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM
- The community has come together to keep a running list of essential resources during this pandemic, including numerous food options. Please check here regularly: http://supportcville.com
- Dominion Energy customers: If you have either a) have a shut off notice or b) power has been shut off for non-payment, Dominion has vowed to either 1) not shut off your power for non-payment or 2) work with you to restore any power that has been shut off. Please contact them directly at 1-866-366-4357. Please have your account number available.
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Free/low-cost internet: www.internetessentials.com. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- Altice/Suddenlink response: offers 30 MB internet to any new subscriber free for 60 days. No late fees or terminations for existing customers. Applicable to some rural localities.
- CAT (Charlottesville Area Transit) is offering free transportation for the duration of the pandemic
IMPORTANT: Other Up-to-Date Resources
- The community has come together to keep a running list of essential resources during this pandemic. Please check here regularly: http://supportcville.com
Information about COVID-19
If you are feeling stir-crazy from being cooped-up and cut off from the outside world, these next few links offer some sanity relief: access to some of the world’s most beautiful art galleries and natural parks via online virtual tours.