A former marine, Officer Hood served for 30 years in the Richmond Police Department before retiring in 2013. During his time at Richmond PD, he served as both a patrol officer and a sergeant. He has a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice and has received numerous awards for his work including:
- Bronze Star for Valor
- Meritorious Police Medal (awarded twice)
- Excellent Police Duty Medal (awarded four times)
- Good Conduct (awarded five times)
- Safe Driving (awarded seven times)
- Firearms Expert
- Richmond Retail Merchants Medal for Valor
- Virginia Alcohol and Safety Action Program Award
Officer Wax comes to us from the Virginia Division of Capital Police.
He has an associates degree from Terra Community College and offers 15 years of experience in law enforcement and corrections.
Chris Wyatt, Police Chief
Chief Wyatt graduated from the Virginia Military Institute with a bachelor of arts degree in English. Prior to working at PVCC, he worked as a sergeant in the Richmond Police Department for 22 years. He served eight years in the U.S. Coast Guard and Virginia National Guard and has been deployed on missions in Cuba, Egypt, Spain, New York City during 9/11, and Mississippi as part of the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.