PVCC Educational Foundation Scholarships
The PVCC Educational Foundation offers more than 100 scholarships each year. Scholarships to pay for attending PVCC may come from a variety of sources, and unlike loans, they do not have to be repaid. View a listing of scholarships.
See the types of available scholarships and apply online.
The application process for PVCC Educational Foundation Scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic school year will open from Dec. 1, 2018, and close on March 1, 2019. The deadline for all students (current, adult, homeschooled and high school seniors) is March 1, 2019. Recommendation statements must be received and all applications must be complete by the deadline - no exceptions.
What you will need before you apply:
- You will need your student ID number. If you have not applied to PVCC yet, apply at www.pvcc.edu/apply.
- Only high school seniors will need to have a transcript submitted. Request from your guidance counselor and mail to PVCC Scholarship Office, 501 College Drive, Room 210, Charlottesville, VA 22902. They may be emailed by the guidance counselor directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests for recommendation statements will be emailed by the student during the application process online. Therefore obtain that person's name, email address and permission to email them a request from the scholarship website. It is very important that you ask that individual face-to-face before submitting their information for the email request. This will increase your ability to obtain a recommendation on time.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure that transcripts and recommendation statements have been received by March 1, 2019.
- You will be able to save and exit the scholarship webpage and return later to complete by logging back in.
All deadlines are March 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about the scholarships and the application process, contact the Scholarship Office at 434.961.5204 or email email@example.com.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP for stem programs
The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) offers $2,000 scholarships to community college students majoring in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). DEADLINE MARCH 11, 2019.
The candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be enrolled full-time in a Va. Community College
- have a minimum of 9 credit hours
- be majoring in a STEM program
- have a 3.0 GPA
- graduate in May of 2020 or later
To Apply: VSGC Application 2019
For addition information, contact Joyce Kuberek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCAL PRIVATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Local/Private Scholarships are awarded by a source outside of PVCC. Students are responsible for obtaining these scholarships on their own. Each agency or source will have their own requirements for the particular scholarship in which a student applies. Once a local/private scholarship is awarded to a student, the student is responsible for turning in a copy of the award letter into the Business Office for the scholarship to be applied to the student's account. The Business Office provides a copy to the financial aid office for packaging.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS - EXTERNAL PROGRAMS
We encourage you to research and apply for other scholarships that pertain to your goals and chosen field of study. If a website requests a fee of any kind to process your scholarship application, they are most likely a scam and should be avoided.
- Albertson & Davidson, LLP College Scholarship
- Alert1 Student for Seniors Scholarship
- Army ROTC Program
- The Army Women's Foundation
- Aussie Writings Writing Contest
- Avalaunch Medica Scholarship (digital media)
- The Backpacker Company Scholarship
- Bey & Associates Law Form Scholarship Program
- Brian Zeiger Scholarship
- Bureau of Indian Education
- Charlottesville Scholarship Program
- ClickItTicket Scholarship Program
- CNA Training Scholarships
- Coastal Scholarships (full-time, 3.3 or higher GPA)
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge
- Course Hero Scholarships (study aid and resource topics)
- Danziger & De Llano, LLP
- Distracted Driving Lawyer Scholarship
- Dorothy J. Hall Memorial Scholarship Program
- Eva T. Hardy Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Fluvanna Master Gardeners Horticultural Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine
- GreenPal Business Scholarship
- Health Focus of Southwest Virginia
- Health Resources and Services Administration - Nursing Scholarship
- Hill & Ponton Veterans Scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Program
- HostGator Website Scholarship
- Hubstaff Scholarship (Technical and IT students)
- Immigration Lawyers Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
- Jason Kulpa Scholarship
- John T. Casteen III Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Justice Solutions Group Scholarship
- Kathy Camper Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Lalco Interiors Scholarship Program
- Laurens Sartoris Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- LaVonne Parker Ellis Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Levin Law Firm Scholarship
- Lodlois Scholarship (business and marketing focus)
- Lucidchart Scholarship (for diagramming)
- Lucidpress Scholarship (for designing)
- Mary Blackwell Barnes Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Marshall Scholarship
- McMath & Woods Scholarship
- McNeely Stephenson Scholarship (community services)
- Meldon Law Scholarship
- Mesriani Law Group Scholarship
- Michael A. Smith Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Mike Campbell Law Scholarship
- Montebello Scholarship (Nelson County Seniors)
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship (NHSC)
- NOBLE Scholarships (high school seniors interested in law enforcement)
- North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship
- Nurse Recruiter.com Scholarship
- Nursing Scholarship Information -Time Schedule
- Pacific Forst Foundation Scholarship (forestry-related)
- Photoshop Action Scholarships & Pretty Presets Photography Scholarships
- Polito & Associates Scholarships
- Precast Foundation Scholarship
- Prestige Scholarships
- Protoly Scholarship
- Recovery Village Scholarship
- Redfin Bi-Annual Scholarship Program
- Scooter Inside Scholarship Program (scroll down to "How to Apply")
- SeniorAdvice Senior Caregiver Scholarship
- Skinner Law Firm Annual Scholarship
- Straight North STEM Scholarships
- Student Storage Scholarship
- Summit Shah Scholarship
- Sure Oak Scholarships
- Thomas Jefferson Soil & Water Conservation District (www.tjswcd.org)
- USSelfStorage Scholarship
- Valley Proteins Fellows Program
- Vegas Tickets Scholarships
- Veterans Benefits Scholarship
- Virginia Garden Clubs - Shenandoah District
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium Scholarships
- Virginia State Bar
- Wall Street Oasis Scholarship
- Weisblatt Law Firm Scholarship
- William W. Hurst Scholarship
- Women in Computing Scholarship (STEM)
- Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky Scholarships
- ZipRecruiter Scholarships
Check with civic and religious organizations in your area, such as the Kiwanis Club and Lions Club or your church. Also, businesses may offer scholarships to their employees and eligible dependents. Deadlines for applying will vary among scholarships.