PVCC Panther Pantry
The pursuit of knowledge is fueled by nutritious meals. Our mission is to ensure access to free, nutritious food for students that are needy and underserved.
We envision a college campus where food insecurity is eliminated because all students have access to nutritious food in sufficient amounts to sustain them while enrolled at PVCC.
What We Do...
The Panther Pantry addresses student barriers by providing food, clothing, school supplies and other items to those in need. The pantry also educates and directs students to programs that support easing or erasing food insecurity. Since launching in Spring 2019 we have:
- Increased operation thanks to partnerships with various agencies and companies such as: The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, The Kroger Co., Mt. Zion First African Baptist Church, Anthem Healthkeepers Plus, and many others.
- Developed a Snack Pantry to meet the immediate hunger needs of students throughout the day. Eliminating that distraction from their day.
- Since opening in August 2019 we have:
- served more than 1800 students.
- provided more than 334 households with 17,326 lbs. of food and supplies, and;
- partnered with multiple campus and community partners to raise awareness and support for the pantry.
Accessing the Pantry
Hours of operation
Monday-Friday 7am - 7pm
*if you have an emergency need outside of pantry operation hours, please contact the SFRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-961-6538*
Pantry services are for current PVCC students only.
- Self-services or prepacked food bags
- Referrals to local pantries
- Hygiene items
- School supplies
Find a Food Pantry near you
How you can help?
- Give – donations of money, gift cards, gas cards, gift certificates, and food donations are always needed
- Volunteer –man the food pantry, data entry
- Advocate – help us spread the word out to the community
Tax deductible donations may be made through the PVCC Educational Foundation, 501 College Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (please reference the PVCC SFRC/Panther Pantry).
All donations can be delivered to M103 (Student Financial Resource Center) during business hours. A food barrel is located outside of the center. Please contact the SFRC if donations need to be picked up.
Items commonly needed
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
- Boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, macaroni and cheese, dinner mixes/kits, Rice-A-Roni, instant mashed potatoes, etc.)
- Canned meats (Chicken breast, tuna, etc.)
- Canned fruit
- Cup of Noodles
- Breakfast Items (Granola bars, cereal, pop tarts)
- Travel-sized toiletries.
- Gift cards
Partners and Sponsors
Aetna • Anthem Healthkeepers Plus • Blue Ridge Area Food Bank • College & University Food Bank Alliance • Kroger • Loaves and Fish • Move for Hunger • Mt. Zion First Baptist African Church • Wells Fargo • PVCC PASS • PVCC Staff, Faculty and Students