PVCC Panther Pantry
The Panther Pantry is now Open!
The pursuit of knowledge is fueled by nutritious meals. Our mission is to ensure access to free, nutritious food for students that are needy and underserved.
We envision a college campus where food insecurity is eliminated because all students have access to nutritious food in sufficient amounts to sustain them while enrolled at PVCC.
What We Do...
The Panther Pantry addresses student barriers by providing food, clothing, school supplies and other items to those in need. The pantry also educates and directs students to programs that support easing or erasing the barriers. Since launching in Spring 2019 we have:
- Increased operation thanks to partnerships with various agencies and companies such as: The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, The Kroger Co., Mt. Zion First African Baptist Church, Anthem Healthkeepers Plus, and many others.
- Developed a Snack Pantry to meet the immediate hunger needs of students, eliminating that distraction from their day. Since opening in August 2019 we have:
- served more than 750 students.
- provided more than 170 households with over 3000 lbs. of food, and;
- partnered with Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital to host a "Scrub Drive." Collecting scrubs, nursing shoes, lanyards, and other items for students in our healthcare programs.
Accessing the Pantry
Hours of operation
Adjusted hours during pandemic
- Mon: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Tues: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Wed. 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Thur. 8:00am to 5:00pm
*if you have an emergency need outside of pantry operation hours, please contact the SFRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-961-6538*
Pantry services are for current PVCC students only.
- Self-services or prepacked bags
- Food assistance please complete the online intake and you will be contacted by a SFRC team member.
- Hygiene items
- School supplies
Find a Food Pantry near you
How you can help?
- Give – donations of money, gift cards, gas cards, gift certificates, and food donations are always needed
- Volunteer –man the food pantry, data entry
- Advocate – help us spread the word out to the community
Tax deductible donations may be made through the PVCC Educational Foundation, 501 College Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (please reference the PVCC SFRC/Panther Pantry).
All donations can be delivered to M103 (Student Financial Resource Center) during business hours. A food barrel is located outside of the center. Please contact the SFRC if donations need to be picked up.
Items commonly needed
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
- Boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, macaroni and cheese, dinner mixes/kits, Rice-A-Roni, instant mashed potatoes, etc.)
- Canned meats (Chicken breast, tuna, etc.)
- Canned fruit
- Cup of Noodles
- Breakfast Items (Granola bars, cereal, pop tarts)
- Travel-sized toiletries.
- Gift cards
Partners and Sponsors
Aetna • Anthem Healthkeepers Plus • Blue Ridge Area Food Bank • College & University Food Bank Alliance • Kroger • Loaves and Fish • Move for Hunger • Mt. Zion First Baptist African Church • Wells Fargo