This certificate prepares students for immediate employment as a professional cook.
Area of Interest
PVCC Academic Division
- SDV 100: Orientation - 1 credits
- HLT 100: First Aid & CPR - 2 credits
- HRI 106: Principles of Culinary Arts I - 3 credits
- HRI 119: Applied Nutrition for Food Service - 3 credits
- HRI 128: Principles of Baking - 3 credits
- HRI 158: Sanitation and Safety - 3 credits
- HRI 107: Principles of Culinary Arts II - 3 credits
- HRI 220: Meat, Seafood, and Poultry Preparation - 3 credits
- MTH 120: Introduction o Mathematics or ___ ___: Technical Elective. - 3 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
Occupational Objectives: Combining technical training and work-based learning, this program will meet the demands for competitive employment in the food service industry. Program graduates will have the necessary training and experience for competitive entry into employment in restaurants, catering, grocery stores, and institutional food service. Successful graduates will earn a ServSafe certification for food safety.