This certificate provides training to perform Pharmacy Technician duties in local retail and healthcare facilities.
Area of Interest
Majors in a Minute Video
- HLT 101: Introduction to the Role of Pharmacy Technician - 3 credits
- HLT 250: General Pharmacology - 3 credits
- HLT 261: Basic Pharmacy I - 3 credits
- HLT 263: Basic Pharmacy I Lab - 1 credits
- HLT 262: Basic Pharmacy II - 3 credits
- HLT 264: Basic Pharmacy II Lab - 1 credits
- HLT 190: Coordinated Internship - 4 credits
- HLT 295: Pharmacy Technician Capstone - 2 credits
You can find additional information about the Pharmacy Technician Career Studies Certificate in the Pharmacy Technician information booklet.
An application is required. Submit your application here.
Information sessions will be held via Zoom.
Session Sign Up (you will be emailed the Zoom information)
Information Sessions will be held the following times:
- Wednesday, November 11 at 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 11 at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 17 at 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 17 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 5 at 10 a.m.
- Monday, December 21 at 11 a.m.
- Monday, December 21 at 6 p.m.
Occupational Objective: Pharmacy technicians are individuals who help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals, measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions, packaging and labeling prescriptions, accepting payment and providing information to patients. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals.