Area of Interest
Majors in a Minute Video
- HLT 101: Introduction to the Role of Pharmacy Technician - 3 credits
- HLT 250: General Pharmacology - 3 credits
- HLT 261: Basic Pharmacy I - 3 credits
- HLT 263: Basic Pharmacy I Lab - 1 credits
- HLT 262: Basic Pharmacy II - 3 credits
- HLT 264: Basic Pharmacy II Lab - 1 credits
- HLT 190: Coordinated Internship - 4 credits
- HLT 295: Pharmacy Technician Capstone - 2 credits
You can find additional information about the Pharmacy Technician Career Studies Certificate in the Pharmacy Technician information booklet.
An application is required. Submit your application here.
Information sessions are provided each application cycle for prospective students. The purpose of these sessions is to help students to decide if this program and profession will be right for them, and to walk students through the application and admissions process. Attendees will also be able to ask the faculty questions about the program and the profession.
Attendance at an information session is strongly encouraged for all students. Refer to the current Admissions Information Book for information regarding whether your application will be ranked based on attendance.
Occupational Objective: Pharmacy technicians are individuals who help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals, measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions, packaging and labeling prescriptions, accepting payment and providing information to patients. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals.