This certificate provides training to perform Pharmacy Technician duties in local healthcare facilities.
Area of Interest
Majors in a Minute Video
- HLT 141: Medical Terminology - 2 credits
- BIO 145: Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Sciences - 4 credits
- ITE 119 or ITE 120: Information Literacy - 3 credits
- HLT 195: Introduction to Pharmacy - 3 credits
- HLT 250: General Pharmacology - 3 credits
- HLT 261: Basic Pharmacy I - 3 credits
- HLT 263: Basic Pharmacy I Lab - 1 credits
- HLT 262: Basic Pharmacy II - 3 credits
- HLT 264: Basic Pharmacy II Lab - 1 credits
- HLT 290: Coordinated Internship - 5 credits
- HLT 295: Pharmacy Technician Capstone - 1 credits
Completion of MTE 1-5 or qualified placement test score and complete ENF 2 or qualified placement test score for this program. You can find additional information about the Pharmacy Technician Career Studies Certificate in the Pharmacy Technician information booklet.
An application is required. Submit your application here.
Information sessions will be held via Zoom.
Session Sign Up (you will be emailed the Zoom information)
Information Sessions will be held the following times:
- Monday, August 3 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 5 at 12 p.m.
- Friday, August 7 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, August 8 at 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 11 at 4 p.m.
- Thursday, August 13 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, August 14 at 10 a.m.
The Program of Pharmacy Technician at PVCC will treat P+ as a C+ (2.5) grade when determining GPA/points for competitive admissions decisions.
*Students are encouraged to ask for letter grades if planning to apply to the Pharmacy Tech program at PVCC.
Occupational Objective: Pharmacy technicians are individuals who help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals, measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions, packaging and labeling prescriptions, accepting payment and providing information to patients. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals.