Area of Interest
- Medication Aide
- An active, unrestricted Nurse Aide Certification issued from the Virginia Board of Nursing (VBON)
- No history of convictions since initial Nurse Aide certification date
- Meet minimum essential functions and standards for program
- Complete a pre-healthcare information session
- Acceptable background check and drug screen prior to clinical
- Note: Other documentation may be required for funding assistance
- Acceptable background check and drug screen prior to clinical. Proof of immunizations and physical exam may be required depending on clinical site.
Successful completion of PVCC’s Medication Aide Training program meets the requirements of the Virginia Board of Nursing for a student to be eligible to sit for the state exam to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA). This program will cover topics such as: Legal and Ethical Issues; Preparing for Safe Administration of Medication; Introduction to Pharmacology; Administration of Prepared Instillations and Treatments (oral medications, eye, ear, nose, etc.); Documentation, Storage and Disposal of Medications; Special Issues in Medication Administration and Insulin Administration. Students will be required to have 100% attendance in both class and clinical, a copy of their active, unrestricted Virginia CNA certificate, Background check*, drug screen and *PPD (negative TB testing) are required prior to start of class.