This certificate prepares students for employment in manufacturing.
Area of Interest
PVCC Academic Division
- IND 103: Industrial Methods - 1 credits
- SDV 100: Orientation - 1 credits
- SAF 130: Industrial Safety-OSHA 10 - 1 credits
- ELE 239: Programmable Controllers - 3 credits
- ETR 113: DC AC Fundamentals I - 4 credits
- IND 113: Materials and Process in Manufacturing Parts 1 - 3 credits
- IND 250: Intro to Basic Computer Integrated Manufacturing - 3 credits
- IND 251: Automated Manufacturing Systems I - 3 credits
- MEC 155: Mechanisms - 3 credits
- MEC 161: Basic Fluid Mechanics-Hydraulics/Pneumatics - 3 credits
- MTH 115: Technical Math - 3 credits
There are no additional admissions requirements for this program.
This Career Studies Certificate is designed as an entry-level training program aligned to recognized, highly transferable industry credentials. This two- semester program is aligned to coursework in the Electronics and Computer Technology (AAS) Program. Students will engage in coursework in the fields of electricity, electronics, industrial maintenance, mathematics, and mechanics in order to gather the skills necessary for attainment of the Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (Manufacturing Skills Institute) and Certified Mechatronic Systems Assistant (Siemens). Job titles may include Engineering Technician, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, and Mechatronic Systems Assistant.