This certificate prepares students to be entry-level Mammographers.
Area of Interest
- RAD 195: Topics in Radiography - Mammography Clinical - 5 credits
- RAD 233: Anatomy & Positioning of the Breast - 1 credits
- RAD 234: Breast Imaging Instrumentation - 1 credits
- RAD 235: Quality Assurance in Mammography - 1 credits
- RAD 249: Comprehensive Foundations of Breast Imaging - 3 credits
- RAD 252: Foundation Mammography Clinical Training - 1 credits
Prior to enrollment in the Mammography program, students must hold a current ARRT licensure as a Radiographer.
The application for the Fall 2021 cohort is now closed.
The Program of Mammography at PVCC will treat P+ as a C+ (2.5) grade when determining GPA/points for competitive admissions decisions.
*Students are encouraged to ask for letter grades if planning to apply to the Mammography program at PVCC.
Occupational Objectives: Successful graduates will be prepared to operate breast imaging equipment in healthcare facilities to create diagnostic images. Successful completers will sit for the Registered Mammographer certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).