The 12-credit Mammography Career Studies Certificate Program prepares individuals to work as entry-level mammographer. Mammographers use breast-imaging equipment to create diagnostic images for pre-cancer screening of the breast.
PVCC's Mammography Program can be completed in two semesters. Successful graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the following national mammography certification exam:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT®
Program Tab Group
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
1st Semester (Fall)
- RAD 233 - Anatomy & Positioning of the Breast - 1 Credit(s)
- RAD 234 - Breast Imaging Instrumentation - 1 Credit(s)
- RAD 235 - Quality Assurance in Mammography - 1 Credit(s)
2nd Semester (Spring)
- RAD 195 - Topics In - Mammography Clinical - 5 Credit(s)
- RAD 249 - Comprehensive Foundations of Breast Imaging - 4 Credit(s)
Additional Program Information:
All courses can be offered for CEU credits, with the exception of clinical courses.
Successful completion of clinical compliance documentation, including criminal background check, drug screening, and immunization documentation, is required for clinical internships. Please contact division office for detailed information at " HLS1@pvcc.edu
Prior to enrollment in the Mammography program, students must hold a current ARRT licensure as a Radiographer.
The Mammography application is now open.
Official transcripts from institutions outside of the Virginia Community College System should be mailed to:
Health and Life Science Division
Piedmont Virginia Community College
501 College Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22902