Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Area of Interest
- RAD 115: Principles of MRI - 3 credits
- RAD 196: On Site Training- or MRI - 5 credits
- RAD 247: Cross Sectional Anatomy - 3 credits
- RAD 248: Case Studies in MRI - 3 credits
- RAD 251: Advanced Patient Care - 3 credits
- RAD 296: On Site Training II - CT or MRI Clinical - 5 credits
Prior to enrollment in the MRI program, students must hold a current ARRT licensure as a Radiographer.
The application for the Fall 2021 cohort is now closed.
The MRI Program at PVCC will treat P+ as a C+ (2.5) grade when determining GPA/points for competitive admissions decisions.
Occupational Objectives: Successful graduates will be prepared to operate magnetic resonance imaging scanners in healthcare facilities to create diagnostic images. Successful completers will sit for the MRI certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Compliance Requirements Successful completion of clinical compliance documentation, including criminal background check, drug screening, and immunization documentation, is required for clinical internships. Please contact division office for detailed information at HLS1@pvcc.edu.