This certificate is designed to provide the expertise needed for an entry-level job in computer support.
Area of Interest
- SDV 100: College Success Skills - 1 credits
- CSC 110: Introduction to Computing - 3 credits
- ETR 149: PC Repair - 3 credits
- ITN 106: Microcomputer Operating Systems - 3 credits
- ITE 182: User Support/Help Desk - 3 credits
- ITP 140: Client Side Scripting - 4 credits
- ITE 215: Advanced Computer Applications - 4 credits
- MTH 131: Technical Mathematics - 3 credits
Admission to the College. There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
Graduates will have the necessary skills to setup and troubleshoot basic computer software and hardware. This program of study also provides students with the proficiency to proceed to the next level of education, the Career Studies Certificate in Network Support.
This certificate will prepare graduates to function in public, private, and government organizations supporting computers as a help desk technician. The certificate will also help prepare graduates for the CompTIA A+ certification exam.