This certificate is designed to provide the professional background and skills in graphic design.
Area of Interest
PVCC Academic Division
Majors in a Minute Video
- CST 100: Principles of Public Speaking - 3 credits
- ART 131: Fundamentals of Design I - 4 credits
- ART 141: Typography - 3 credits
- ART 180: Introduction to Computer Graphics - 3 credits
- ART 190: Internship - 1 credits
- ART 251: Communications Design I - 3 credits
- ART 252: Communications Design II - 3 credits
- ART 283: Computer Graphics I - 3 credits
- ART 284: Computer Graphics II - 3 credits
- PHT 164: Digital Photography - 3 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
This program is designed to provide the professional background and skills in graphic design for entry-level positions in graphic communication and graphic design.
Occupational Objectives: Advertising and business design, graphic design, Web page design, graphic artist, graphic design technician, and other related fields.
Program Requirements: Students must satisfactorily complete all general education and computer graphics program requirements and work with an advisor or counselor and the graphic design faculty advisor to plan the curriculum after the first semester.