Emergency Medical Services - Advanced EMT
This certificate provides training in pre-hospital care under structured guidelines.
Area of Interest
- EMS 100: CPR for Healthcare Providers - 1 credits
- EMS 111: Emergency Medical Technician - 6 credits
- EMS 120: Emergency Medical Technician-Clinical - 1 credits
- HLT 141: Medical Terminology - 3 credits
- EMS 150: Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) - 7 credits
- EMS 170: ALS Internship I - 1 credits
- BIO 145: Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences - 4 credits
In addition to admission to the college, there are specific admissions requirements for this program. These requirements may change on an annual basis, and students can find the most up-to-date information for the EMT Program in a booklet in the admissions and advising center and in the Health and Life Sciences Division office.
The PVCC Emergency Medical Services (EMS)- EMT career studies certificate prepares students to test for National Registry and/or Virginia Certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) to provide pre-hospital care as an EMT under structured guidelines in emergency situations. Graduates will have the knowledge and skills necessary to function as entry-level EMTs. Occupational Objective: Employment opportunities for Nationally Registry/Virginia certified EMT's include local emergency departments, rescue squads, ambulance companies and other public and private agencies providing pre-hospital care.