Emergency Medical Services - Advanced EMT
This certificate provides training in advanced pre-hospital care under structured guidelines.
Area of Interest
PVCC Academic Division
- BIO 145: Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences - 4 credits
- EMS 100: CPR for Healthcare Providers - 1 credits
- EMS 111: Emergency Medical Technician - 6 credits
- EMS 120: Emergency Medical Technician-Clinical - 1 credits
- EMS 150: Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) - 7 credits
- EMS 170: ALS Internship I - 1 credits
- HLT 141: Medical Terminology - 2 credits
In addition to admission to the college, there are specific admissions requirements for this program. These requirements may change on an annual basis, and students can find the most up-to-date information for the Advanced EMT Program in a booklet in the admissions and advising center and in the Health and Life Sciences Division office.
The PVCC Emergency Medical Services (EMS)- Advanced career studies certificate prepares current National Registry or Virginia Certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) to provide advanced pre-hospital care as an Advanced EMT under structured guidelines in emergency situations. Graduates will have the knowledge and skills necessary to function as entry-level Advanced EMTs (AEMT). Occupational Objective: Employment opportunities for Nationally Registry/Virginia certified AEMT's include local emergency departments, rescue squads, ambulance companies and other public and private agencies providing pre-hospital care.