This certificate prepares students for employment in the electronics field.
Area of Interest
Majors in a Minute Video
- ETR 113: DC AC Fundamentals I - 4 credits
- ETR 114: DC AC Fundamentals II - 4 credits
- ETR 156: Digital Circuits and Microprocessor Fundamentals - 4 credits
- ETR 203: Electronic Devices I - 4 credits
- ETR 237: Industrial Electronics I - 3 credits
- ETR 238: Industrial Electronics II - 3 credits
- IND 103: Industrial Methods - 1 credits
- MTH 115: Technical Math - 3 credits
- SAF 130: Industrial Safety-OSHA 10 - 1 credits
- SDV 100: Orientation - 1 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
Occupational Objectives: The Electronics Technology Career Studies Certificate is designed to meet the needs of regional employees with a need to gain or expand their skillsets in electronics. This two- semester Career Studies Certificate aligns with coursework in the Electronics and Computer Technology (AAS) program. Students will be able to apply credits from this program to AAS degree in order to obtain advanced technical knowledge and skills in the field. Students will engage in coursework in the fields of electricity, electronics, industrial maintenance, and mathematics in order to gather the skills necessary for employment in electronics or a related field. Successful graduates will be able to secure entry-level employment or advanced employment in fields that require technical knowledge of electronics, computer repair, power, energy, and electronic systems.