Area of Interest
- ITN 170: Linux System Administration - 3 credits
- ITN 111: Windows Server Administration - 3 credits
- ITN 106: Microcomputer Operating Systems - 3 credits
- ITN 208: Protocols and Communications - 3 credits
- ITN 260: Network Security Basics - 4 credits
- ITN 261: Network Attacks, Computer Crime and Hacking - 4 credits
- ITN 276: Computer Forensics I - 3 credits
- ITP 140: Client Side Scripting - 4 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
The Career Studies Certificate in Cybersecurity is designed as an enhanced experience that will provide additional expertise to network specialist and those working in related fields, including updating technical skills, increasing content area knowledge, and augmenting abilities in the area of cybersecurity. Graduates will have the necessary skills to protect computing systems and networks that have an important impact on data confidentiality, integrity and availability. Graduates will be knowledgeable about computer network threats and appropriate responses.
Occupational Objectives: Network security specialists or Internet security specialists. The certificate will also help prepare graduates for the Security+, SSCP, CISM, and ISSP certification exams. This certificate will prepare graduates to function in public, private, and government organizations, in roles requiring assessment, operations, protection and improvement of network security systems. This program is aligned to the standards set forth by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education.