The Associate of Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts at Piedmont Virginia Community College blends professional and technical courses in the culinary arts with general academic courses to provide you with the technical knowledge and hands-on skills needed for entry-level jobs in the foodservice industry. The program includes a required internship to apply and put into practice what you learn in a real-time setting and to gain insights into your chosen field.
Attendance at an information session is required for entry into PVCC's Culinary Arts program . All sessions are held at the PVCC Jefferson School Center, 233 4th St. NW., room J-112
Information sessions will discuss class descriptions, success tips, student materials and supplies and class registration. Attendees will tour PVCC’s culinary teaching facilities and meet Eric Breckoff, associate professor of culinary arts.
Upcoming sessions include:
- Friday, 05/10/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Friday, 06/07/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, 06/15/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, 07/13/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Thursday, 07/18/19, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Friday, 07/19/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, 07/301/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Friday, 08/02/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, 08/10/19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Program Tab Group
Minimum Total Credit Hours to Complete:
Additional Program Information:
Students entering the Culinary Arts degree program are required to take one Writing Intensive Course in order to graduate. The Writing Intensive Course for this program is either HRI 206 or HRS 207, which has a prerequisite of ENG 111 and ENG 112. Students who are awarded transfer academic credit for this course at another institution may fulfill the Writing Intensive Course (WIC) requirement for this program by completing another Writing Intensive Course (WIC).
- List of courses that fulfill the requirement for Humanities and Social Science Electives can be found on the Culinary Arts Degree Requirements
- Students may substitute a higher-level math course to include MTH 152, 163, 164, 173, 174, 180, 271, 279 or 286.
Printable Culinary Arts Degree Requirements