Computed Tomography (CT)
This certificate prepares individuals to work as entry-level CT imaging technologists.
Area of Interest
- RAD 196: On-Site Training - CT or MRI - 5 credits
- RAD 228: Enhanced Patient Care for Imaging - 3 credits
- RAD 242: Computed Tomography Procedures and Instrumentation - 2 credits
- RAD 244: Case Studies in CT - 1 credits
- RAD 247: Cross Sectional Anatomy - 3 credits
- RAD 296: On-Site Training II - CT or MRI - 5 credits
Prior to enrollment in the CT program, students must hold a current ARRT licensure as a Radiographer.
Apply for admission to the Computed Tomography Certificate Program
*The deadline for submitting an application was June 1st, 2020 by 5pm. Applications have closed for the Fall 2020.
The Program of Computed Tomography will treat P+ as a C+ (2.5) grade when determining GPA/points for competitive admissions decisions.
*Students are encouraged to ask for letter grades if planning to apply to the CT program at PVCC.
The Career Studies Certificate in Computed Tomography Imaging will prepare competent CP technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Occupational Objectives: Successful graduates will be prepared to operate computed tomography scanners in healthcare facilities to create diagnostic images. Successful completers will sit for the Registered CT certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).