This certificate prepares you for an entry-level job in an automated office environment.
Area of Interest
- AST 101: Keyboarding I (Introductory Level) - 3 credits
- AST 243: Office Administration I - 3 credits
- ENG 111: College Composition I - 3 credits
- ITE 119: Information Literacy or ITE 120 - Principles of Information Systems - 3 credits
- ITE 175: E-mail Essentials - 1 credits
- ITE 215: Advanced Computer Applications and Integration - 4 credits
- ___ ___: Technical Electives - 4 credits
There are no additional admission requirements for this program.
Occupational Objectives: This program is directed to students who are seeking an entry-level position as well as students who currently hold an administrative support-related job, but wish to be promoted.
Approved Technical Electives
- ACC 110: Computerized Accounting
- ACC 211/213: Principles of Accounting I/Lab
- AST 290: Internship
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- ENG 112: College Composition II
- HIM 115: Ambulatory Coding
- HLT 141: Introduction to Medical Terminology
- ITE 151: Microcomputer Software: Database Management (Recommended for students who completed ITE 19)