Refunds are processed only for classes that are canceled or classes that are dropped within the refund period as noted in PVCC's Academic Calendar. Refunds are processed the day after the posted refund date.
- If you paid your tuition by credit card online, your refund will be credited back to the appropriate credit card.
- If you paid your tuition by cash, check or credit card in person at the Cashier's Office, or are a financial aid student eligible for a refund, tuition refunds will be issued electronically to either a prepaid debit card or direct deposit (ACH) to a bank account. A refund in the form of a paper check will only be issued if prepaid debit card or ACH is not selected. Click here for additional information and to access the PVCC Refund Portal.
Student Status Information for Award Year July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018
- Total number of students with a prepaid account that were enrolled during the award year--62
- Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year--$11.76
- Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year--$8.50
- Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund program--$2,500.70
Please ensure that your student address is accurate and up to date. You can update it in the Student Information System (SIS) accessible through MyPVCC.
Note: PVCC has contracted with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to process financial aid disbursements and certain tuition refunds to students electronically. This agreement provides students with the opportunity to select their preferred refund disbursement method and get their refund quickly. View the TMS contract with PVCC.
Refund for Special Circumstances
Requests for a refund/forgiveness of debt after the drop deadline (Census date) are exceptions to the VCCS policy. There is no refund after the Census date has passed except in special circumstances. More information can be found here.
Where is my financial aid refund?
The process of our school receiving federal financial aid to pay for your classes is not as simple as moving money from one account to another. After the latest last day to drop a course with a refund, the PVCC Financial Aid Office begins a multi-step process to process aid and refunds for the semester. Listed below is a quick summary of those steps:
Review and validate enrollment and confirm financial aid eligibility
Send reports for authorization to the Department of Education
Department of Education sends funds to PVCC’s Business Office
Business office applies funds to student accounts (to pay for tuition, fees, and books)
Remaining funds (the refunds) are sent to Tuition Management System (TMS)
Refunds are disbursed by TMS to students
This process repeats several times during the semester depending on the Last Day to Drop a Course with a refund.