PVCC Educational Foundation Scholarships
The PVCC Educational Foundation offers more than 100 scholarships each year. Scholarships to pay for attending PVCC may come from a variety of sources, and unlike loans, they do not have to be repaid. View a listing of 2017-2018 scholarships.
See the types of available scholarships and apply online.
The application process for PVCC Educational Foundation Scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic school year will open from December 1, 2017 and close on February 1, 2018. The deadline for all students (current, adult, home schooled and high school seniors) is February 1, 2018. Recommendation statements must be received and all applications must be complete by the deadline - no exceptions.
What you will need before you apply:
- You will need your student ID number. If you have not applied yet, apply at www.pvcc.edu/apply.
- Only high school seniors will need to have a trascript submitted. Request from your guidance counselor and mail to PVCC Scholarship Office, 501 College Drive, Room 210, Charlottesville, VA 22902. They may be emailed by the guidance counselor directly to .
- Adults applying for the first time (not enrolled at PVCC yet) must provide a transcript from their previous school(s) attended (except other VCCS schools). If you have extenuating circumstances, please contact the scholarship office at .
- Requests for recommendation statements will be emailed by the student during the application process online so have that person's name and email address available. Prior to sending the email request for a recommendation statement, ask that individual face-to-face and prior to submitting their information for the email request.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure that transcripts and recommendation statements have been received by February 1, 2018.
- You will be able to save and exit the scholarship webpage and return later to complete by logging back in.
ALL DEADLINES are February 1, 2018.
NEW SCHOLARSHIPS just announced
Study Abroad/International Travel Scholarship
- PVCC is currently accepting scholarship applications to provide financial assistance for students participating in PVCC’s Cultural Exploration Trip to Spain planned for May 2018. Scholarships are open to all students in good academic and disciplinary standing and who are enrolled in six credit hours or more each semester. Scholarship awards will vary in size dependent upon the candidate’s financial need.
- Deadline: Ongoing
- To apply contact email@example.com for an application (link is external)
Monticello Bird Scholarship
- Provides financial assistance for students to participate in PVCC’s three-credit Field Ornithology Class.
- Deadline: ongoing
- Apply online: www.pvcc.edu/monticellobirdscholarship
We encourage you to research and apply for other scholarships that pertain to your goals and chosen field of study. If a website requests a fee of any kind to process your scholarship application, they are most likely a scam and should be avoided.
- Albertson & Davidson, LLP College Scholarship
- Alert1 Student for Seniors Scholarship
- Army ROTC Program
- The Army Women's Foundation
- Avalaunch Medica Scholarship (digital media)
- The Backpacker Company Scholarship
- Bey & Associates Law Form Scholarship Program
- Brian Zeiger Scholarship
- Bureau of Indian Education
- Charlottesville Scholarship Program
- ClickItTicket Scholarship Program
- CNA Training Scholarships
- Coastal Scholarships (full-time, 3.3 or higher GPA)
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge
- Danziger & De Llano, LLP
- Distracted Driving Lawyer Scholarship
- Dorothy J. Hall Memorial Scholarship Program
- Eva T. Hardy Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine
- GreenPal Business Scholarship
- Health Focus of Southwest Virginia
- Health Resources and Services Administration - Nursing Scholarship
- Hill & Ponton Veterans Scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Program
- HostGator Website Scholarship
- Hubstaff Scholarship (Technical and IT students)
- Immigration Lawyers Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
- Jason Kulpa Scholarship
- John T. Casteen III Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Kathy Camper Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Lalco Interiors Scholarship Program
- Laurens Sartoris Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- LaVonne Parker Ellis Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Lucidchart Scholarship (for diagramming)
- Lucidpress Scholarship (for designing)
- Mary Blackwell Barnes Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Marshall Scholarship
- McNeely Stephenson Scholarship (community services)
- Meldon Law Scholarship
- Michael A. Smith Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Montebello Scholarship (Nelson County Seniors)
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship (NHSC)
- NOBLE Scholarships (high school seniors interested in law enforcement)
- North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship
- Nurse Recruiter.com Scholarship
- Nursing Scholarship Information -Time Schedule
- Pacific Forst Foundation Scholarship (forestry-related)
- Photoshop Action Scholarships & Pretty Presets Photography Scholarships
- Polito & Associates Scholarships
- Precast Foundation Scholarship
- Prestige Scholarships
- Redfin Bi-Annual Scholarship Program
- Scooter Inside Scholarship Program (scroll down to "How to Apply")
- SeniorAdvice Senior Caregiver Scholarship
- Skinner Law Firm Annual Scholarship
- Straight North STEM Scholarships
- Summit Shah Scholarship
- Sure Oak Scholarships
- Thomas Jefferson Soil & Water Conservation District
- USSelfStorage Scholarship
- Valley Proteins Fellows Program
- Veterans Benefits Scholarship
- Virginia Garden Clubs - Shenandoah District
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium Scholarships
- Virginia State Bar
- Wall Street Oasis Scholarship
- Weisblatt Law Firm Scholarship
- Women in Computing Scholarship (STEM)
- Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky Scholarships
- ZipRecruiter Scholarships
Check with civic and religious organizations in your area, such as the Kiwanis Club and Lions Club or your church. Also, businesses may offer scholarships to their employees and eligible dependents. Deadlines for applying will vary among scholarships.