Your Financial Aid Responsibilities

If you are receiving financial aid, you have a responsibility to make satisfactory academic progress (SAP) towards your degree or certificate program in order to continue receiving funds from state and federal grants, as well as Federal Stafford and PLUS loans. This means that you must:

  • Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA).
  • Successfully complete 67 percent of all credit hours attempted for your degree or certificate program.
  • Complete your program within the time limit for receiving aid.
  • Earn grades of A, B, C, D, S or P in your classes. Grades of F, R, W, U, X and I are unsatisfactory.

If You Do Not Make Satisfactory Academic Progress 
PVCC's Financial Aid Office checks your progress at the end of each semester. If you are not meeting satisfactory academic progress you will be given one warning per semester. After that semester if you are not meeting satisfactory academic progress, your financial aid will be suspended. If this happens, the Financial Aid Office will send you a letter notifying you of the suspension. The letter will include information on how to appeal the suspension and what you need to do in order to re-establish your eligibility for financial aid.

How to Re-establish Your Eligibility for Financial Aid 
Following a deficiency in cumulative grade points or credit hours, you will without receiving any financial aid have to do the following in order to reapply:

  • obtain the minimum grade point average required and/or
  • earn the required number of credit hours

You cannot regain your eligibility for financial aid simply by changing your degree or certificate or your curriculum.