PVCC will host "Getting Started" Information Sessions in May for prospective students. Outreach Manager Denise McClanahan will introduce PVCC's degree and certificate programs and provide information on placement tests, student services and other resources to help students get started at the college.
The sessions are free and open to the public, and no advance registration is required. You can attend any session, regardless of where you live. Sessions are available at the dates, times and locations below:
• May 13, Nelson Memorial Library, 6-7 p.m.
• May 21, PVCC Eugene Giuseppe Center, 4-5 p.m.
• May 22, Northside Library, 6-7 p.m.
• May 23, Fluvanna County Library, 6-7 pm.
May Community Events:
• May 4, Community Extravaganza, Betty Queen Intergenerational Center, Louisa, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.
• May 5, Seas the Day, Thomas Temple Allan Boathouse, 276 Woodlands Road, Charlottesville, 12-4 p.m.
• May 10, Louisa Job Fair and Expo, Betty Queen Intergenerational Center, Louisa, 1-4 p.m.
• May 11, Festival of Cultures, Booker T. Washington Park, Charlottesville, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
For more information, and the most up-to-date list of upcoming sessions, visit www.pvcc.edu/outreach or call 434.961.5275.